Forums are back in action! ×

A change for the best.

About two years ago, I reached my highest weight of all time... 220lbs... and I didn't care. In 3 months I gained 30 pounds from overeating, depression, and inactivity. I had so many body pains. Sore back, hip, and knees from all of the excess weight. I knew my weight kept tricking up, but I wasn't going to do anything to change it. One day I was shopping for boots and none of them fit my legs because my calves were to large. I had a meltdown in the store, and that's when I realized that something needed to change.

I started going to the gym consistently, eating healthy, and eliminated my biggest vice from my diet... juice. I could drink juice like I breathe air. After losing about 25 pounds, I was feeling better about myself, but had a relapse and gained 10 pounds. I was heading back to 200. That was not a place that I wanted to go. I decided that I would go to the gym 21 days straight and eat completely healthy. Well, 21 days straight turned into 100 days straight and I drastically changed my body and my life style. I lose 25 pounds in 100 days. The gym is my antidepressant. They gym helped me turn my life around and helped me realize that you get one body and it's with you your whole life, so you need to take care of it and treat it right. 

I used to see before and after pictures of weight loss of others and never believed that I would every have my own story. I am am proud of my progress, but I have a little ways to go to get to my final destination. You can do anything you set your mind to...

So a little about myself...

i am currently in grad school for my Master's degree in special education.

I love to play rpg's in my spare time... which I haven't had much of. I am planning on playing Dying Light when I'm on school vacation.

I have this weird social anxiety thing about greeting people... I don't have a problem with talking, it's just nerve racking for me to initiate a conversation... or even say hello

It's the worst at the gym since I say hi to the same people everyday and I never fail to drop something or be super awkward....

IMG_4206.PNG

IMG_3970.JPG

IMG_4200.PNG

IMG_4201.PNG

• Like 2