Forums are back in action! ×

I said NO!

Maggie May

These are dumb woots. But after months of struggling with temptations, I think I am finally heading down the path of making saying "no" a habit.

First, I have 2 large chocolate Easter bunnies that I STILL haven't touched. If you know me, that's a HUGE accomplishment.

Second, I'm going to my parents' for dinner tonight:

Mom: What do you want for a side?

Me: Vegetables, you know, just steamed or grilled.

Mom: Okay, do you want dessert?

Me: NO.

These choices would be normal for a weeknight (we don't keep bad food in our house anyway) but I struggle when I go places and things are offered. So... YAY! I am super proud ofmyself right now :)

Good for you! No is a very powerful word. Also a full sentence. (I need to remember the latter more often -- I usually launch into "because" and further justification of the 'no.')

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Nice! My immediate fam has all gotten used to my "weird" eating, but I'm still nowhere near that confident with the relatives.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Archived