Forums are back in action! ×

A skinny kid in armour too big for him enters the bar...

Or at least that's how it feels.  In reality I'm a potato-ish 36 year old in a business shirt and jeans, but my goal is to take that kid and level him up into a bearded ruffian with a bod that make bodices swoon.

And that's a series of tropes I never thought I'd use to explain my fitness goals outside of fan fiction...

Strengths: Humour, self-depreciation, creativity, weirdness, blunt honesty.

Weaknesses: Wine, Whiskey, beer, sake... (all of which I use to cover self-doubt, anxiety, and fear-of-success), blunt honesty.

I'm based in Sydney Australia, often travel for work, and work in virtual reality as a producer and director.  I've been "thinking about" getting fit since I was a kid, but it wasn't until I found the Beginner's Body Weight circuit that I thought I might actually have a path that leads there.

I'm adding my Mindful goals below, more for me than for anyone else.

• I’m the type of person that can deadlift his kids.
  • I will do 3 body weight circuits every other day until it's gets so it doesn't feel like a challenge.

• I’m the type of person that does not eat junk food.
  • I will eat a full, healthy breakfast at least 6 times each week.

• I’m the type of person that can touch his toes.
  • I will do proper stretches every day before I shower.

• I'm the type of person who does not drink at parties.
  • I will empty and fill my water glass every time I leave my desk

• I'm the type of person who can go all night.
  • I will not start another episode on Netflix after 9:45pm.

This is a great set of goals and I love your sense of humor - self-doubt, anxiety, and fear of success included! Most of us here have some measure of all three of those things, so welcome to the ranks of the imperfect ones who are pushing back against their weaknesses every day. 

Feel free to poke around in the guilds (if you haven't already) and see whose challenges and goals look like a good fit for you - I'm happy to help you with any questions you have! 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers