Forums are back in action! ×

Hi,

I am new here. I feel kinda lost. Sometimes there are just too many issues and I dont know which one to focus on. I had wrote this in the challenge. But I will repeat here. I lost and maintained 86 lbs for 5 years. The past year I have been flip flopping and have re gained 25 lbs. I dont know what to do. I do not want to go back to what I was doing. It worked but I do not have the energy to do all that I was doing.

On top of eating right, I was going to meetings, making calls through out the day, doing step work, planning and committing my food.

I want to get back on track but not sure I have the energy to put as much effort in as I have in the past. My fear is being 210 lbs again :(

I am limited in exercise choices due to my health. I love yoga and do 2 to 3 classes a week.I am an emotional eater and lack will power.  If I tell myself ok today I will not eat X, I will have eaten X by the end of the day. 

I overate all week end and am tempted to do a 24 hour fast to kickstart. But there is a big art of me telling my ‘I cant do this’ not without putting in all the effort I have put in the past. 

What I want is to go to Yoga, eat sensibly, be able to sit and rest and not feel the need to jump and eat something. I want rest. Rest from struggling with food and just to ‘be’ to ‘rest’.......and simply go on with the rest of my life.....But I do not believe this is possible for me :(

Thanks for listening,

Debbie

• Like 1

Debbie you can do this. I know you can because I know I can. The rebellion needs us. We are on the road not to partake in a program but to be the program to leave behind the mind that made us weak and let our minds be changed so discipline is as natural as walking. Easy? No but instinctive. You want to be flexible? That's awesome it's one of my weak points. I have a friend that tries to encourage me to do yoga so rock on!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I am new here. I feel kinda lost. Sometimes there are just too many issues and I dont know which one to focus on. I had wrote this in the challenge. But I will repeat here. I lost and maintained 86 lbs for 5 years. The past year I have been flip flopping and have re gained 25 lbs. I dont know what to do. I do not want to go back to what I was doing. It worked but I do not have the energy to do all that I was doing.

On top of eating right, I was going to meetings, making calls through out the day, doing step work, planning and committing my food.

I want to get back on track but not sure I have the energy to put as much effort in as I have in the past. My fear is being 210 lbs again [emoji20]

I am limited in exercise choices due to my health. I love yoga and do 2 to 3 classes a week.I am an emotional eater and lack will power.  If I tell myself ok today I will not eat X, I will have eaten X by the end of the day. 

I overate all week end and am tempted to do a 24 hour fast to kickstart. But there is a big art of me telling my ‘I cant do this’ not without putting in all the effort I have put in the past. 

What I want is to go to Yoga, eat sensibly, be able to sit and rest and not feel the need to jump and eat something. I want rest. Rest from struggling with food and just to ‘be’ to ‘rest’.......and simply go on with the rest of my life.....But I do not believe this is possible for me [emoji20]

Thanks for listening,
Debbie

I entirely empathise and hear you! For myself I am just focussing on one small habit at a time. I am an emotional eater too and can crave sweets so badly. I've been in place where I've kicked the cravings and I need to get there again. Instead of saying no sweets ever again my goal is just no sweets for today! Overwhelming to think about the whole long term goal.

Sending good thoughts your way!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

the hard part is perceived failure.

my scale informed me the other day that my weight was a little MORE than the last many readings.  Why?

of course it did not answer.   this can lead to downward spiral of thinking.   this is good group empathy, on that mark.  Us newbies have to stick to together; bad depressed thinking will pick us off 1 by 1 quite quickly.

then who would be left to write on this faire forum in errant and corny olde english?

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....