Forums are back in action! ×

Getting fit again

I'm a 30 something mom of 3. In High School I was an athlete. Played varsity sports year round, lifted weights, and ran.

Fast Fwd 15 yrs. 3 kids later. Been in and out of a couple gyms, no real direction or results after several months so I gave up.

Now I'm ready! Tried crossfit basics and I'm sore so I'm guessing that's good. However I'm slow and lacking energy. Need to learn to cook healthier too. I count calories but feel tired and sluggish at home and at the gym. I'm torn on continuing with crossfit, or stick to my regular gym which has a little more variety(and is cheaper!).

My goals are: drop about 10 lbs of fat and lean out. Probably need to gain 10 lbs of muscle. So kind of a swap. Haha

My stats are: 5'5 fluctuate btwn 146&150 lbs

I'm a slow runner but somewhat strong for someone who has sat the bench for so long.

*the crossfit class I would be in if I decide to join is a basics class(mostly cardio driven), no weights until you move up to actual CF class.

*also, I'm going to try a hiit class next week. In addition to that I would rotate between a p90x type class and spin, with one day of hiit in between. Total 3 days per week

OR I can Just do crossfit basics 3 days a week.

I can see the crossfit people every morning as I walk into my new gym, they keep a door open as they're always dashing in and out of the 'dungeon' to do laps of the parking lot. I am awed and a little terrified by what I see in those brief glimpses, because my fitness level isn't there.

Yet.

And welcome aboard here! You'll fit right in.

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Hi and thank you for the responses. I agree w what he's saying here about any level of fitness can do it, you can scale the workouts, and that is why I like it so much. Very addictive! It's like ugh when i get there and see the tough WOD on the board, but it's like ahhhh when I leave. kwim

;)

Archived