Forums are back in action! ×

Wooting All Over The Track

bgvanbur

So I went to the local high school track to try and run a fast mile for the mile competition. First, a sign said the rules for the facilities which I was obeying all of them. The next sign said no trespassing, but I figured since I was obeying the rules I wasn't trespassing. The next sign said field closed, but I figured that means the track around the field is still open.

It was cold and windy, and I only shaved 6 seconds off my mile run (8:34). Well I took a slow jogging mile to recover (14:00) and decided to finish a 5k distance. At the end of the second mile, it started pouring. I realized my track pants were not water proof as I previously thought. I finished my 5k only slightly slower than recent 5ks I ran (34:00).

At this point, I was feeling great and felt I could run forever. I decided I was going to run far today. I ran a 10k (73:00) shaving around 10 minutes off my 10k attempt three weeks ago. A 10k is the farthest I have ran in years. I then ran a 15k (112:00) and was excited since it means I can run my 15k race in July in under the two hour limit they have. Even at the peak of my running life in college, the farthest I ran outside of a treadmill was around seven or eight miles, so I just broke through this barrier. At around 11.75 miles, the groundkeeper came around to unlock all the facilities and I was afraid he would yell at me for already using the track but he said nothing.

I kept going and at the 20k mark was still a faster pace than my 10k I ran three weeks ago. Still, I kept going and I ended up running a half marathon distance (158:00). I always thought it would take me three hours to run a half marathon and didn't realize I would run one so soon. I ran on an empty stomach and did not eat or drink during my run. I wore the wrong underwear for a long run. I didn't care, I did it and that is all that matters. I ran the whole thing continuously and one fun part was switching to walking at the end and my calves going from feeling fine to instantly intense sore.

I more than doubled my recent running distance and at a faster running pace. I ran farther than I have ever before. I am starting to be a better runner than I was in college. To me, this is the most amazing woot among all the woots that occured on this cold, wet, windy day.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Woot! That's great that you're a better runner than you were in college! That's got to be a great feeling. And shaving 10 minutes off in three weeks- wow!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Archived