Forums are back in action! ×

"If 37,500 people can do the London marathon today..."

ScrabbleGirl

If 37,500 people can do the London Marathon today, then I can go to my Kettlercise class without whining, even though it totally kicked my arse last time.

This is my attempt a motivational thread.

Complete the sentence

"If 37,500 people can do the London Marathon today, then..." What? What can you do?

*Disclaimer: I know that 37,500 is an estimate and that not everyone will finish the marathon. I think the point still carries.

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

I somehow managed to score VIP tickets to the marathon so actually sitting at the finish line now. Just saw the women and wheelchair winners cross the line, and got about 10mins until the men finish.

It's a real inspiration just sitting here and seeing the blood, sweat & tears these elite athletes put into their work, as well as the thousands of regular guys and girls running it for charity.

I've never really understood the elite end - it's too far removed from my performance, may as well be guitar for all that weird magic that goes on - but I can totally respect and grok the effort for all the 5-hour fun-runners for whom this is a life achievement. Props.

And... "...I can quit worrying about repping my max today and JFDI"

I asked my friend who is running the Pittsburgh marathon in a couple weeks what he does for 3.5 hours while running (he doesn't listen to music or anything). He said he mainly just thinks about what he gets to eat when he's done.....probably a couple large pizzas.

2/13/12

Starting Primal and free weights

10/02/12

Starting LeanGains. Still lifting all the things.

Fitocracy

I asked my friend who is running the Pittsburgh marathon in a couple weeks what he does for 3.5 hours while running (he doesn't listen to music or anything). He said he mainly just thinks about what he gets to eat when he's done.....probably a couple large pizzas.
this and sex...

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Archived