Forums are back in action! ×

Kettlebell query...

ScrabbleGirl

SO

I have two kettlebell classes. One is Kettlercise (cardio based, fast paced, lots of exercises) and the other is Kettlebell Conditioning (more emphasis on form, circuit style stuff). To be fair, I joined the Kettlercise class halfway through the run, but I appear to be getting conflicting info from each of the teachers.

The Kettlercise trainer has us doing swings with squats and the Kettlebell Conditioning trainer guy had us doing swings with very little knee movement, it was all about snapping the hips forward. I'm just wondering which one is right or if the squat/swing thing is just something you do when you're better at using the kettlebell?

Hope that makes some kind of sense. I stuck to the hip thing/no squatting swing today in the Kettlercise class, but it looked like I wasn't working as hard as everyone else because they were all squatting with the swing. Super confused.

Level 1 SheHulk Warrior [str: 1]  [Dex : ]  [sta: ]  [Con: ]  [Wis: 1]  [Cha: ] 

Challenge 2: Project Krisptonite

I took classes with a master trainer who trains RKC trainers and she had us snap the hips with little knee movement. I haven't tried to squat/swing but I'd guess that if you can do it you should probably get a heavier KB.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Why don't you ask them why they have you doing it different ways? I would, you are paying for their services, so it's a fair question to ask.

With regard to the swings, I find that when I tilt my pelvis and snap my hips, without the squat then I can squeeze my glutes tighter in the movement. I still get something when I squat, just not as much.

Archived