Forums are back in action! ×

Here comes a new challenger!

Hi guys,

I can't tell you how happy I am to be here.

For a very long time I've been looking for the right community and the right workout for me, and I think I've finally found it here.

Thing is, I've been browsing the forums and I see people using all those words that sound like gibberish to me : I'm below the newbie level when it comes to the stats, cardio/heart percentages, diet numbers... Where did you learn all this jargon without being a pro nutritionist or trainer?

Training just feels like rocket science to me (for now), and I would like to change that while I start Steve's Beginner workout. I intend on starting next week.

I am a 5'4, avg. 50kgs (sorry guys I only know the metric system, but google tells me it means 110 pounds) guy and would like to bulk a little. My primary goal is to attain 60 kgs (132 pounds) and in muscle if possible, lol. I am a software/web developer and a half-nerd/half-autistic-when-listening-to-music hybrid.

My main objective is indeed to get fitter but also to prove to myself I can undertake something and REALLY do it. It would be a great encouragement for me to show the same perseverance with my other, more nerdy side-projects.

So yeah if you have any suggestions (even as to what kind of sportswear are best for starting my workout - yeah, I'm that ignorant, people!!!) well, I'd love to hear them!

In exchange, I can give you tips if you happen to travel to a place I've been to, as I had my little share of traveling! (nothing comparable to Steve tho, *sigh*) :P

Besides, I'm also looking forward to meet you all as you seem to be quite the fun bunch!

And one last word, please forgive my english as it is not my mother tongue!

That's all folks! Take care.

- Rocky Raccoon

Hey Rocky, Welcome!

I can't speak for everyone else here, but I've learned all my fitness and health jargon by reading articles and searching terms I don't understand.

When you hop into a community like this, it gets easier to understand the terms. And everyone here is super helpful if you post a question.

As far as working out clothes, I normally just wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt. If it is really cold or biking on a windy day, I wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants. No need to get any fancy name brand clothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Jump Rope Rotations: 20,500/80,000

What is Dead May Never Die, but Rise Again, Harder and Stronger

Hey Rocky, Welcome!

I can't speak for everyone else here, but I've learned all my fitness and health jargon by reading articles and searching terms I don't understand.

When you hop into a community like this, it gets easier to understand the terms. And everyone here is super helpful if you post a question.

As far as working out clothes, I normally just wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt. If it is really cold or biking on a windy day, I wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants. No need to get any fancy name brand clothing.

Hi Pheidippides!

Thanks so much for your welcoming words and the suggestions.

So, I've started with Steve's Beginner Body Weight Workout. The thing is, I'm 108 lbs for 5 feet 4. I know, I'm downright underweight. So I'm looking for the right diet to bulk while I'm working out. Otherwise I don't think my body as it is will be able to make it in the long run.

I've downloaded a Calorie Counter App for my smartphone (if you have any suggestion, I'd be more than happy to hear them!) to keep track of what I eat and what I can change in my diet, as (from what I read) 90% of the work is done in the kitchen.

Do you have any suggestions for a nice bulking diet that could complement the Beginners' Body Weight Workout for an underweight guy?

Thanks in advance!

If you're trying to get to a healthy body weight, check out the paleo diet. There's an article on here about it that it a great primer on the subject.

Just click here!

“If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.â€

Hengeyokai Druid

STR 5|DEX 3|STA 5|CON 5|WIS 7|CHA 2

Archived