Forums are back in action! ×

Patterson's Punishment, where I competed like a man.

Leimanu

This event was in support of the Binghamton AIDS 5k Run/Walk. It also included an obstacle course. The obstacle course, called "Patterson's Punisher," was so much fun! I wish I had a way to train like that. The only things I couldn't do were the two obstacles that involved climbing over a wall. burpees instead. Oh, and I just stepped over the hurdles. But I got to spring while wearing a parachute, crawl, carry tires, flip a big tire over and over and over, run in a zigzag, jump onto boxes, and get a lot of support. The volunteers were really great at supporting the participants.

The course: http://www.stapinc.org/data/Course_Map7.pdf

Two funny things. One activity was to pick up a medicine ball and slam it to the ground 10x. The guy told me twice that the ball I picked up was the "men's" ball, meaning it was heavier. I said I didn't care and kept slamming. There was also an activing that involed basically pushing a weight on a sled, then pulling it backward. Afterwards Mom said that I had pushed the heavier one...that's right, then "men's" one. There were also two sizes of big water balls I had to carry. He put the smaller one in my arms and said "it's heavy." No it wasn't, just awkard carring a water ball. I should've taken the bigger one ;) (that's what she said)

The hardest one was to go into a plank, put my feet onto two plastic plates so they could glide, and then use my arms to pull myself forward, then backward. Ugh, it was so hard! I took a couple breaks going forward, but kept pretty good form and finished it. Afterwards I got a cool Tshirt and a dog tag. I loved it, and love the photos, especially the one that highlights my break back muscles - i didn't know I had those! I found I that I love pushing stuff, carrying stuff, and flipping a big tire. I was so sweaty and hot afterwards. This is the kind of gym I need for myself! It was also really fun because I always have to train and exercise alone, and this event had lots of people and energy. It was great!

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Archived