Forums are back in action! ×

Red Head starting her Epic Quest!

Howdy Everyone!

My name is ElKee and I am here to find strength to continue my weight loss and life success. I have currently lost 30 lbs and will be competing in my first half marathon this weekend! I am so excited but also very anxious lol If anyone could share some half marathon pointers I would greatly appreciate it. I was never the person who thought running for 13.1 miles would be an enjoyable experience but thanks to a good friend, I decided it was time to hunker down and go for it & I am really enjoying the experience. I have been leisurely running for quite a few years, but I gained the dreaded "freshman 15" when I went to college in '08. I felt unhealthy and tired all the time so a year later and after transfering to a new college I kicked my bad habits and began running outdoors, rain or shine. When I graduated in '10 I was healthier and felt like a brand new person!

Once I moved back to my hometown I continued my awesomeness ;) I was very blessed to have been born in the rural Kansas so I took full advantage of the deserted dirt roads for my running regimen. Fast forward to a couple months back and I had hit a plateau. Therefore, I started roaming the web for some pointers. Thankfully I stumbled across Steve's AWESOME exercise video a little while back and I found my new hero and so many amazing motivational stories through his blogs and these message boards :) I feel more ept to succeed at getting past this pesky road bump, I just have to remember to PUSH myself EVERYDAY.

Since I have a good handle on my exercising and health transformation, I am now trying to get my career and life aspirations in check. I have done a clean out of people who had a negative influence on my life and now I am trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, lol. I am 23 years old with a major in Psychology and I am currently working as an Administrative assistant... Not exactly what I had in mind when I started & finished college. I am a really driven and creative person but college threw me for a career loop. I thought I wanted to be a psychiatist but med school TERRIFIED me (all the science classes & endless amounts of school loans I would acquire, eek!) and I wasn't confident that was what I wanted to do the rest of my life. So once I graduated I left my warehouse job that I disliked and moved home to reevaluate things... That was 2 years ago and instead of finding my passion, I have settled, which really irks me. I never settle and here I am doing a job I don't despise but don't truly love, so I can fund my frugal lifestyle lol, which just doesn't make sense to me.

I LOVE being outside running, riding my horse or my ATV, gardening, biking, swimming, hiking, farming, camping, traveling EVERYWHERE, and participating in all outdoor adventures; but I find myself waking up, going to work, and sitting behind a computer screen until 5-5:30. If I could just figure out how to make one of my many hobbies financially suitable I would be well on my way to career euphoria...! It's just figuring out what steps and risks to take...

I really enjoyed reading the blog pertaining to Shawshank Redemption, because I always catch myself wishing I could break out of the redundent cycle I find myself; I want to be more proactive like Andy!

I would love to hear other people's career success stories and any pointers you are willing to share :cool-new: I look forward to meeting some awesome people and chatting about what we aspire to achieve and where we hope to go!

~Live without Regrets~

ElKee

Heya Elkee! Glad to see a fellow redheaded Rebel in the Ranks. Welcome to the Rebellion! We have everything you might need from answers to questions to motivation, via being chased by a Zombie. Just don't hesitate to ask. Heh, I'm actually one of those people who faced those science classes and plan on taking out endless loans for med school, so I'm just waiting for the summer to apply. See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived