Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all, newbie to the site here! I found this site through Marks Daily Apple, seems like an awesome site, right up my alley!! A little bit about me, I'm a 25 year old guy with a doctorate degree in physical therapy. I love all things fitness, exercise, and nutrition. I recently read Taubes' "Why We Get Fat" which lead me to the paleo diet, which lead me to Mark's site, which lead me here! With paleo I dropped from about 12%bf to around 9-10% in about 1 month without changing ANYTHING else!! Loving the butter, bacon, steaks, and eggs with yolk! The veggies are ok too, I guess...

As far as my workouts go, I lift 3x/week (focus on compound movements: deadlifts, squats, bench press, military press, row, etc.), I run sprints, mountain bike, and throw in a bodyweight and/or kettlebell workout in here and there for good measure.

My current goals (I weigh about 155lbs): 1.5x bodyweight bench (very close!), 2x BW deadlift (also very close!), 55sec. 400m, and a sub 6min mile

I figure If I can hit all of these that will be a good indicator of solid, all around fitness.

Well, that's a little about me and my goals. Looking forward to hanging around here!

Archived