Forums are back in action! ×

Okay so here I am yet again..... for the third time.  I need to be brutally honest with myself - I just have not been trying the last 2 years.  I want to take the easy way out by getting surgery.

Background on who I am:

• I am a single mom. 
  • I have 2 teenage daughters - one is almost an adult now, the other is fully in puberty. 
  • I have what can be a very stressful job in fast good that I am really beginning to hate. 
  • I have a boyfriend that I love dearly, but makes me feel like an afterthought at times. 
  • I suffer from depression. 
  • I am currently homeless but am living with my ex husband and father in law. 
  • I am back to where I was when I first tried this 2 years ago.

Background on where I want to go in 2018:

• I want to get back in the habit of eating 90% Paleo - I can't afford to go 100%
  • I want to get in the habit of working out - other than walking while at work - at least 3 days per week
  • I want to get back in the habit of tracking everything I consume
  • I want to get in the habit of journalling daily about my daily success, failures, stresses
  • I want to work on losing weight - ultimately I need to lose 100 pounds.  But I will take losing 20 pounds this year and keeping that weight off.

How I am going to go about getting to where I want to be:

I have no clue at this point.

• Cut out carbs from my diet.
  • Find a workout plan that fits in to what I have available and schedule
  • Set an annoying notification for my fitness pal to remind me to log my food
  • Come on here and keep up on a battle log
  • Find/buy a scale to weigh myself.  Buy a tape measure to track my measurements since I know that the scale lies.

Why I failed in the past:

• I have not been trying.
  • I gave up.
  • I was lazy.

There you go.  Me in a nutshell.  Now to just let the past go and start the year fresh.

• Like 1

Firstly, welcome back :) Not giving up is the first step.

Secondly, you are not alone - after all, that's a part of why you are here. We all have struggles, we all want to give up at times because giving up is easy. I am the master of walking away from things that don't come naturally to me - but I always remind myself that it's those things that I haven't walked away from, when I dig in and push myself to get through, that I found the most sense of accomplishment from completing them.

Thirdly, I am with you on the customer service job. Fast food sucks. Retail sucks. People are often jerks because they are too busy thinking about their own lives and their own problems to take into consideration how they're treating the staff on the other side of the counter. On the plus side, you are here, we are Nerd Fitness, and we are awesome , so who cares about those jerks :)

On 12/31/2017 at 6:08 PM, Tehya said:

How I am going to go about getting to where I want to be:

I have no clue at this point.

On this point - I highly recommend going through the Challenge Planning Worksheet. You don't have to do a challenge, in fact, don't do one if you think it's too stressful. Take your time filling it out and really thinking about things as your'e doing it. Heck - I took a whole month to do mine for 2018.

The reason it's important is because it will help you "get a clue" on how to get where you want to be. The danger in not knowing is a lack of strategy, and without it it's far more easy to get discouraged and to lose focus on why you are here.

Stay strong - we're with you :love_heart:

• Thanks 1

FireandLight

Ranger | Level 2 

Current Challenge | Challenge TrackerProfile and Epic Quest

Height: 5' 5" | Weight: 156 | Body Fat: 27.4%