Forums are back in action! ×

Hunter's neighborhood discovery (or: triumph of paleo abroad)

Avalon

So there's this restaurant across the street from me that I never even realized was there. It serves "Ori", korean barbecue duck. One of my coworkers took me out for dinner there and while we're eating I notice that the fat from the duck that's cooking right in front of me is running off into a bowl sitting on the table. I ask what they do with the duck fat, and my coworker says they just throw it in the trash. I ask if there's a way I could ask the restaurant owner if I could have it, since cooking in duck fat is INSANELY tasty and I haven't been able to get any while in the country for the last five months. My coworker spends the next ten minutes ripping me up and down for being a "crazy waygook" (foreigner).

To her credit, she asks our server if I can take home the duck fat. TRIUMPH: the server tells her that I have very good taste, that duck fat is delicious, pours our fresh drippings into a bottle for me and then tells me if I ever want more I can come back any time I like and she'll fill up a jar for me for free.

PALEO TRIUMPH!!! Tasty, cultural triumph.

You can't take the sky from me...
Level 4: Coyote Skin-Walker, Hunter, Ranger, Maker Of Dust
6'0" | white female | age: 25 | 42-35-42
CON: 7 | DEX: 8 | STR: 10 | STA: 8 | WIS: 10.5 | CHA: 7
Heaviest: 267.2 | Current: 206.1 | Final goal: 190

Guest Snake McClain
So there's this restaurant across the street from me that I never even realized was there. It serves "Ori", korean barbecue duck. One of my coworkers took me out for dinner there and while we're eating I notice that the fat from the duck that's cooking right in front of me is running off into a bowl sitting on the table. I ask what they do with the duck fat, and my coworker says they just throw it in the trash. I ask if there's a way I could ask the restaurant owner if I could have it, since cooking in duck fat is INSANELY tasty and I haven't been able to get any while in the country for the last five months. My coworker spends the next ten minutes ripping me up and down for being a "crazy waygook" (foreigner).

To her credit, she asks our server if I can take home the duck fat. TRIUMPH: the server tells her that I have very good taste, that duck fat is delicious, pours our fresh drippings into a bottle for me and then tells me if I ever want more I can come back any time I like and she'll fill up a jar for me for free.

PALEO TRIUMPH!!! Tasty, cultural triumph.

that is a ridiculous story. and amazing. :D

Archived