Forums are back in action! ×

Colorado Jedi Training School

Yodel! Per the title, this is the name of my 7+ week elimination diet/workout/dance/grounding practice/habit program. (I did a 3+ week COBS course as a young lass and thought it would be inspiring or something... COBS, CJTS... anyway ) I recently realized I have been having bad allergy-like symptoms when I eat certain foods... the carbohydrate queen is suddenly feeling like crap when she eats wheat. Crap! Like the friggin flu! Allergy tests this week say I am allergic to three things I did NOT expect, and nothing else thank the goddesses but... I’m allergic to oats? barley??  I live in Colorado, work in IT and music... yeah beer is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy. WTF??? Anyway... the only way to figure out what causes me to sneeze and wheeze is to completely cut anything I could react to... which slims things down to chicken, fish, most veggies, some fruit, I’m pushing it with seeds and nuts... for at least two weeks. Then try out suspected evil foods one at a time, three days in between to be sure-sies ...so about a 6+-week process. Then you don’t eat what makes you sick (duh) for half a year and try again. This is radical eating lifestyle change on a dime. But it is the only way to know. 

Part of that whole detox thing is you give up all inebrients (rx and rec) so you don’t cloud the data. Hasta to a few things there.The other part is that stress can taint the data too, so ya gotta de-stress and exercise. I’m about a year into being healed from a 7-ish year-long bear-tearing-my-face-off-level chronic pain thing (L5/S1 misdiagnosed then mistreated by western docs... PT and alternative healers had it spot on though) and looking to get back into shape. I have improved but am only about 80% there with taking meds for pain...but I am finally able to travel!! I also have been trying to get my dance practice on cuz the entire time I’ve been dancing, I’ve had chronic pain... yes they are related... bad dance teacher.... LEARN AND PRACTICE SAFE, PROPER FORM PEOPLE!!! Working in the music industry, there are also lots of opportunities to get out there too... if I was good enough... which I’m not cuz I don’t practice.

Also need to meditate more consistently - I’m Much more pleasant to be around. I also get shit done when I meditate. You know, like take on radical life-changing challenges suddenly.

Yeah. All this stuff goes together. Food, exercise, the lot. And this confirmation/realization came about within the last four days. And if I am going to do it I have to RIGHT NOW because this year is off the hook in a few weeks - everything I read says if you are gonna do the elimination diet thing, you have to seriously clear your calendar... so now is really the only time I have to do this.  I do not want to feel like crap for eating the “wrong” thing on the road, rock n roll style, which as anyone who knows knows is really fucking hard work.... And the folks in the industry I admire do things like eat really healthy and exercise every day and meditate every day... So if I gotta do one part, might as well go for the whole platter... let’s go crazy. ::insert prince tune now stuck in your head:: Cuz it’s the only way everything gonna be alright ::bob Marley is now stuck in your head haha::

Cheers in advance to the band tomorrow (my last day of fuckits) - our very first client - a rockin lawyer who knows how to party...

And that... is the rest of the story...

Welcome to Nerd Fitness and good luck on the goals, lots of information on here and lots of speciality forums for what you are into like meditating, bodyweight exercises, weight training, etc. I have just started meditating and like it. Hoping to notice a decrease in high blood pressure. I also want to be mobile in my old age, actually want to reach old age, again good luck.

Thanks! Happy to be here! Yes TONS of info here which is great. I hear ya about old age - when you compare diet/lifestyle & health between my dad and FIL, the difference is staggering and path to good, long-term health blatantly obvious. Luckily I grew up with the healthier of the two so none of my plan is radical - it's simply doing it consistently and all together that is the mission... I love meditation - it's so incredibly simple and so incredibly difficult and the rewards so incredibly great - enjoy!

• Like 1