Forums are back in action! ×

I go through phases of fitness, where I am focused and make progress, and then I lose it as I get distracted and life gets in the way. But now I have no more excuses.

I am a chemical engineer and this upcoming fall I will begin my PhD. Before I get there, I want to lose the extra pounds I have gained, and build muscle and get a whole lot stronger. My noodly upper body is an embarrassment - I want to be able to lift heavy things on my own without help, and look good doing it! I also have some personal intellectual and academic goals - procrastination is a factor in both my fitness and my research. I am tired of looking in the mirror and seeing someone I am disappointed in, both physically and personally. It is exhausting to feel poorly about yourself, and I want to work toward becoming a person I am proud to see in the mirror each day. I joined the fitness academy to help hold me accountable so that I can begin working toward these goals.

• Like 1