Forums are back in action! ×

One more level then it's bedtime

(cue inspirational music) This time. Things will be different. No more excuses. I'm going to reach the peak of fitness mountain. (record scratch) (Silence) Or not. Whatever really. But at least I can say I tried.

Hi I am back again. You may remember me from previous failures such as 'last year i decided to get fit but didn't' and other classics like 'I have brilliant ideas I never implement'.

Join me, as I probably fail again, and again, and a few more times after that.  Along the way there will be laughs, possible inspirational moments, idiocy and personal injury.

Looking foward to having you tag along.

Male, 33, Heart Condition from birth, Weight - 85Kgs

Chest - 105cm, Bicep - 33, Waist - 106, Thigh - 59

Ha, I know those songs!   You may tend to focus on all of the times you have fallen down or "failed".  When I read what you wrote, I see all of the times you keep getting back up and keep trying again.  I see someone who can laugh at themselves, dust themselves off, and give it another go. Whether you know it or not, each time you have learned something more.  Dig for that knowledge, dig deep. Also maybe trying a slightly different approach now and then just for kicks and giggles to see what happens. 

Thanks for posting because it reminded me that I am not alone in the madness of making plans and proclamations and then not following through or failing (same thing?).  And also it reminded me that I too am trying again and again.  And that takes persistence, a desire for change, and quite frankly, balls.

So, good on you friend.  I believe we can get there.

• Like 1

Thanks. Glad you could jump on board. Cheers for saying Hi.

The knowledge is slowly growing with each attempt and when I'm not being to hard on myself I can see the benefits of failure.  The aim is to keep pushing against the failure and making it that bit further each time. If we stop pushing we go backwards (which I've definately done at some point in the past), this is why I am at the point I am. Skinny-Fat.

• Like 1

Male, 33, Heart Condition from birth, Weight - 85Kgs

Chest - 105cm, Bicep - 33, Waist - 106, Thigh - 59

3 hours ago, TruebornJester said:

I can see the benefits of failure.

Yes!  I like to think of failure as "course correction".  Well, when I'm feeling mature and confident anyway.  Other time I just think failure hurts and really sucks.  But if I look at the ups and downs from a far enough perspective I think overall there is an upward trend so I'm glad for that at least.

• Like 1