Forums are back in action! ×

I am going to make a change...

Hello all! I have just joined this website and have been reading through various articles and since doing so I have found just how good this site is. My name is Hayden and I am 19 years old from England and I think I currently weigh about 214lbs or so and am 6"2' and I really want to transform my body. I have never worked out properly a day in my life and have just naturally always been bigger and stronger than any of my friends. I would not class my self as fat although i do have quite a lot of weight I wish to shed.

My dream in life is to become an actor and because in this day and age image is so important to becoming an actor so I want to have a nice body as I am very insecure about my self. I keep saying like I am sure so many others have that "I should get in shape and stop eating crap" but I never do, or I do for a while and then get bored and go back to the crap I used to eat. I am now very determined to get in shape as my acting coach has also said to me that I need to be the man that I can be.

I am always told that I should have such a presence about me because of my size but I always stoop over because I am afraid of how my chest and belly look in certain t shirts and silly things like that. I need a lot of confidence to become the actor I know that I can be and this where I need a bit of guidance. I am going to continue reading through a lot of articles and absorb all the information I can to get myself in shape.

I am currently at work but will post some pictures when I get home.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves to me as I would love to chat to likeminded people and people who know a lot more about fitness than I.

Thank you!

You've come to the right place...there are heaps of people here who have been in your exact situation who would be more than willing to help out. What you said about not eating crap is spot-on...you can't outrun your fork. I'm sure you'll go well as it's great to have a concrete reason, like being a better actor, for getting into shape. Just don't forget us all when you're a famous movie star ;)

Have a look at the various guilds and see if there's any that appeal to you, and intorduce yourself over there too..it's a great way to get started. Likewise if you need any help or encouragement, I'm just a PM away.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Thank you so much for actually answering and for the lovely kind words! I am definitely willing to make the changes I just may need a bit of guidance along the way. If I ever become famous I will never forget anyone who has ever helped me to achieve something. I will definitely PM you at some point, I am wanting to join the gym but am a bit stuck of what to do. I have looked at the how to video page and am trying to put together a programme. I am just unfamiliar with how many reps, sets and which certain exercises to do so if you could point me in the right direction it would be extremely appreciated.

Guest Snake McClain

I was exactly in your spot when I started 5 months ago. I've seen huge changes (well huge for me) and I'm in great shape. stronger than I have ever been. Just find the right info. find a plan and get to it. If you need any advice just ask around. We are always here to help.

That said have you found a program you wish to use?

Welcome Hayden! Yo say you want to shed some weight and that you are already pretty strong naturally correct? Are you planning to start with the bodyweight type exercises or going straight to weightlifting? The Class Guilds can be the best area to get specific info depending on which way you are planning to go. And then there are the Specialty Guilds also where you can find advice on different ways to change your diet so that you see optimal results. It really depends on how you want to go about it, different things work for different people. I'm sure you'll find your way here, we're all very willing to point ya in the right direction :smug:

“Women are like teabags. You never know how strong they are till they get in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

MyFitnessPal Diary

Well, looks like I'm just a Human

STR 1; DEX 2; STA 1; CON 2; WIS 4; CHA 5

Bumblebee's Quest to Play!

Thank you so much for actually answering and for the lovely kind words! I am definitely willing to make the changes I just may need a bit of guidance along the way. If I ever become famous I will never forget anyone who has ever helped me to achieve something. I will definitely PM you at some point, I am wanting to join the gym but am a bit stuck of what to do. I have looked at the how to video page and am trying to put together a programme. I am just unfamiliar with how many reps, sets and which certain exercises to do so if you could point me in the right direction it would be extremely appreciated.

If you like, before joining a gym, have a wander over the the Assassins Guild. They have a focus on bodyweight training, which you can do pretty much anywhere and save yourself the cost/hassle of going to the gym at all. They'll probably recommend the Beginner's Body Weight Workout, so check it out and you can get a leg up!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Thank you so much guys you are all so friendly! Sorry for the slow reply but I have not had access to a computer. In answer to peoples questions I have not found a workout plan yet but I think I want to follow the Paleo diet as I have heard so many good things about the benefits of it. I am a constantly tired person and I live in quite a lot of pain from my feet and back and I have heard just small changes in the diet can help these problems so I am all in for it. I never really eat veg or fruit as I don't like it but I am going to have to find some that I like and stick to that.

I plan to join the gym in two months because there is a new 24/7 gym opening in my town and it is very cheap only £11 a month. But for now I could do the body weight exercises that are on here! I will definitely check out the Assassins guild and let you guys know what I have decided to do. I also am giving my self about 7 months to get in good shape as I will be applying for drama schools again in September and want to be confident in myself by then!

Oh and ZenGwen I am from Grimsby a place that nobody has ever heard of =P

Thanks again!

Archived