Forums are back in action! ×

Hey!

I'm Mel, a 30-something year old nerdy-lite girl from Florida. At the beginning of the month, I decided to try working out again and thought it might be a good idea to find some like-minded people. So...here I am!

I'd like to lose weight, but I'm more interested in what the mirror shows me than the scale, if that makes sense. I hope to have the funds to join the academy someday, but for now, I'll settle for trying the Beginner Body Weight Workout. Well, a modified version since I can't do lunges or jumping jacks. ;) That's my battle plan, anyway.

And since I'm horrible with intros, I'll stop here. Thanks for having me! :)

• Like 1

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, Mel! 

36 minutes ago, ninjaMel said:

I'm more interested in what the mirror shows me than the scale, if that makes sense.

It totally makes sense! Muscle weighs more than fat, after all ;) As they say, weight is just a number. Feeling comfortable and happy with your body is far more important. 

We're just starting on a new 4 Week Challenge if you'd like to head over to the newcomers guild and join in. If you're not sure, feel free to wait a while -- it doesn't have to be until the next challenge starts, you can get started anytime. 

Good luck with your quests, Mel! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, Mel! 

It totally makes sense! Muscle weighs more than fat, after all ;) As they say, weight is just a number. Feeling comfortable and happy with your body is far more important. 

We're just starting on a new 4 Week Challenge if you'd like to head over to the newcomers guild and join in. If you're not sure, feel free to wait a while -- it doesn't have to be until the next challenge starts, you can get started anytime. 

Good luck with your quests, Mel! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) 

Thanks for the welcome, Wobbegong!

Err, I may have started writing out my 4 Week Challenge before I joined the forums, haha. I just have to find where I put it and finish it... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, ninjaMel said:

'd like to lose weight, but I'm more interested in what the mirror shows me than the scale, if that makes sense. I hope to have the funds to join the academy someday, but for now, I'll settle for trying the Beginner Body Weight Workout. Well, a modified version since I can't do lunges or jumping jacks. ;) That's my battle plan, anyway.

Sounds like a very smart approach. And don't worry that you aren't able to do jumping jacks or lunges right now, just keep working on what you can do,  and the rest will follow. For lunges to start off with you can hold on to something for balance, and you don't have to go down all the way, just go as far as you are able

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Sounds like a very smart approach. And don't worry that you aren't able to do jumping jacks or lunges right now, just keep working on what you can do,  and the rest will follow. For lunges to start off with you can hold on to something for balance, and you don't have to go down all the way, just go as far as you are able

Thanks!

I appreciate the suggestion. Sadly, the lunges are a physical thing rather than balance. My knees can't handle them at all. Squats are iffy, but I've found that if I'm doing them right they don't bother me as much. But lunges? Nope, nope, nope. I've been doing some standing donkey kicks instead, so I'll probably keep with those and add in some glute bridges if I have the room. (My workout space is like, 4x4, and I'm not even kidding, lol.) 

48 minutes ago, ninjaMel said:

Thanks!

I appreciate the suggestion. Sadly, the lunges are a physical thing rather than balance. My knees can't handle them at all. Squats are iffy, but I've found that if I'm doing them right they don't bother me as much. But lunges? Nope, nope, nope. I've been doing some standing donkey kicks instead, so I'll probably keep with those and add in some glute bridges if I have the room. (My workout space is like, 4x4, and I'm not even kidding, lol.) 

That sounds like a great plan. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27