Forums are back in action! ×

Another re-spawner

Hello everyone,

Officially I re-spawned in January, but haven't paid NF a visit until this week.  I tried to get started back in August, but burn out, laziness, and a rather stressful unexpected event where my husband was forced to resign from his job set me back a bit. Despite the stress of losing 2/3 of our income, we still ended up going on our planned honeymoon in December. I consider myself very fortunate to be with someone that is financially savvy. With a decent monetary cushion, we have a little bit of breathing room while he is on the search for another job. Meanwhile, bills are being paid on my income, which is beyond tight.

Anyway, upon our return from our honeymoon, we both decided to get back on the wagon in our attempts to lose weight. In all truth though, when we started on January 8th, I wasn't looking forward to the process, and went in with a depressed attitude grumbling the whole way. I know that is not that best way to go and certainly would set me up for failure, eventually. I still managed to stick to it for four weeks, and my Feb 3rd weigh-in saw a 13 pound weight loss without exercising. success! Then we gave ourselves a week long break the first week of February and I ended up gaining 9 pounds of it back. Crazy! Returning on the wagon this week,  I prepared myself to go in with a more positive attitude and get excited about the process of developing life long habits and not the result that seemed so far far away. NF popped in my head over the weekend and I had planned to start logging my progress. I logged in on Monday and found a new challenge started that very day, so I jumped on it immediately!  I've already seen a 6 pound weight loss this week but that will level off in a week or two.

I have a lot of good habits I'm trying to develop, and it is seemingly overwhelming, but I'm confident I'll get there. I narrowed down my main list of challenges for the month, and hopefully this is okay, but I made up my mind to join the Druid's guild and started this challenge under there instead of returning to my first original challenge post in Rebels. Here's to a great start!