Forums are back in action! ×

Week 1 of Rookie workout plan and so sore!

Itzpapalotl

Ahoy,

I'm on week 1 of the Fitness Guide's workout plan and despite hydrating well (but admittedly not suuuper well) I'm so sore. Not sore enough to not move, not injured pain, but sore enough I'm concerned that I won't be able to perform as well on my next lifting session (tomorrow). What's the trick, is there a trick? Am I doomed to soreness for a couple weeks until my body just stops complaining?

I'm lifting the heaviest weights I can while maintaining good form and doing all or at least most of the reps. I don't want to have to lift lighter and not make progress due to soreness.

Help!

Unless you're just so sore that you can hardly move, you will probably loosen up a little once you start working out, go a couple of sets with just light weights and see how you feel. If you're really sore just do everything light, or even rest another day. It takes time, but after the first week or so the worst of the soreness will be behind you.

At this point, I like being sore, it lets me know I'm doing something right.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

So, I'm in week 2 now and have discovered the secret to not getting sore anymore! I eat a Clif Builder's Bar with 20g of protein right after I work out. That seems to have solved the problem! They're relatively expensive, but to tell the truth I'd pay twice as much for the magic soreness relief. :love-struck:

Archived