Forums are back in action! ×

I don't see a future.

Werewulph

I know it's a bit of a negative title, but it's true.

...When I was a kid I wanted to be in the Army, but that's a disqualifier

last year I looked into being a pilot, but it's a disqualifier.....

I joined Nerd Fitness nearly three weeks ago.......

QUALIFIED!

And damn glad you are here. Life is not fair, and sometimes the decisions we make can haunt us for a long time...like the tattoos.

So you have tattoos...means you can't get into the field you want the traditional way, does not mean you can't in a different way....umm wish I could tell you how, but I have no clue :( But what I am trying to say is do NOT give up!

I do believe you should find what you are truly passionate about and go in that direction. It may not be easy, but I believe you can do it if you set yourself to it!

T

Wow, so many hugs and awesome people : D

I went to the local archery club today. It was too wet to try shooting but it was good, everyone there was really nice!

Also I'm looking into the Spearhead LRP group which is fairly local.

You guys are awesome : 3

I'm also on Fitocracy and MyFitnessPal as Werewulph!

"Secret to life? Listen to my blood type, B+!"

Werewulph, I'm in the UK too and fairly big into LARPing - although not as much as I used to be, but still know lots of people. I'm sure I could manage to put you in touch with a group or two, depending of course where you are and what you're into! Most is Fantasy, but I know people who do post-apocalyptic, Stargate, etc... too. And you might also consider reenactment, there's lots of people who do WWII, as well as the medieval - again it depends what you want to do!

Although it looks like you've managed to find yourself a group, so feel free to ignore me :) One small word of warning though - for some reason LARP seems to attract odd people, it's generally best to not get too involved with the people who take it far too seriously!

Level 2 Ranger
Aspiring to awesomeness

Yeah, never really been able to get deeply into LARP/reenactment for that reason. I may try again once I'm ABD (all but dissertation) and have more time for a social life.

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

I know it's a bit of a negative title, but it's true.

I have schizophrenia. When I was a kid I wanted to be in the Army, but that's a disqualifier, last year I looked into being a pilot, but it's a disqualifier. I joined Nerd Fitness nearly three weeks ago and my life seems to have turned around. With a lot of effort my mental health is better, and I'm looking after myself physically. I'm near the end of week 3 of Basic Training as part of the Rebel Strength Guide and I intend to move on to the Body Weight Brigade when I've completed it. I've lost 8kg/18lbs since I started. I'm more positive, and in the last week I started getting everything together to start the 4 year journey to being a nurse and helping and healing people.

But, a combination of my mental health and, though it doesn't affect medical ability, visible tattoos on my arms... well that's another idea for a future that's unattainable. There's a "nothing below the elbows" policy in the NHS so I couldn't even cover them up. The Nursing and Midwifery board/commission has standards to only allow people with good physical and mental health.

I just feel like no matter what I come upon that feels like my life calling, my mental condition bars me from it.

I know I don't really post here, but sticking to my diet and training comes from feeling like I'm part of the Rebellion, like I'm doing it for a bigger reason than myself. If it wasn't for you guys and Steve I would have never turned my life around and improved so much over the last few weeks.

But, I feel like, no matter what I do, I'm going to be living on disability for the rest of my days. It's not a bad fate, but it does lack purpose and focus. A lack of purpose and focus isn't good for someone with a mental condition.

So basically what I came here for help with, is finding a future. What I mean by that is, something I could focus on and could be the main kind of driving force day to day. A reason to get up in the morning and train/study/learn. I'm considering making archery/LARP or shooting/airsoft a primary hobby when I'm more physically fit and more confident mentally, but I was wondering if you fellow Rebels might have some suggestions along those lines. Or if any of you are into LARPing I'd like some advice. I've been to a weekend LARP day once but at the time my anxiety was bad and I ended up leaving after a short time.

I just need a reason to keep fit and not just go back to eating pizza and staying up 40 hours browsing imageboards.

Thank you for your time.

I don't have your condition, but I can share some aspects from my life that was a little hard at times.

What makes you happy? As in, you do something and you're having fun (at least 50% of the time when you're doing this task). Helping people? Protecting them? Doing something innovative? Working with technology?

Say it's helping people. You now have a vague direction. It's not much, but better than nothing. Now you look at your initial options. Say you like helping people and government work is out of the question given tattoos and such. Admittedly that sucks. But, if I can come to America knowing only 20 words in English and make some headway in this archane society, so can you :-) . Now, about your options (you always have options, maybe not as many as you'd like or the types you immediately want, but they're there). Can you get a job in the private sector working in health-care or something related? Can you cover up your tattoos? What about other countries? You're in UK, which is part of EU. Can you provide your services in France or some nation that's part of the Commonwealth (Australia, New Zealand, Canada)? Don't want to move? Or not very far? Look at Ireland.

Also, I don't know about your finances, but you might want to look into the services of a career or life coach. Explain them your problems and what you want to accomplish.

Best of luck amigo.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go back to my old job. They want me there again but it's just takeaway delivery and I hated it there.

I was looking around at reenactment groups and saw this.

And I was like, "oh man, I have to do this!"

I'm not worrying so much at the moment, though I am about to do my NF Basic Training workout for monday. This is my last week on basic training : O Then I'm going onto the Body Weight Brigade.

I'm also on Fitocracy and MyFitnessPal as Werewulph!

"Secret to life? Listen to my blood type, B+!"

Archived