Forums are back in action! ×

Alanna Moonlight Respawning

I've been out of touch with NF for a little while. Life got crazy (and is still going to be crazy for a bit)! My husband and I move in less than two weeks, I had my qualification exams for my grad program, and generally the holidays and moving prep and leaving my job is just a busy thing.

I'm planning on jumping back in on the next challenge with something more physical than I've done in other challenges; in our new town I'm going to have access to my husband's company gym (which is apparently really well equipped and even has an indoor track like the rec center I'm used to from my college hometown!) And since my husband is really experienced in resistance training I can meet up with him daily and he can help me get into a workout routine. I'm also transitioning to working full time in a chaotic downtown setting to working from home for a while and staying in my career field part time.

A couple of things -- since my very first challenge here on NF back from October to November last year, I have kept caffeine out of my life and it feels great! I can use a small amount as a tool if I need to study but my dependency on it is totally gone and I'm so happy about that.

I also didn't get into the PhD program I applied for -- sad, but my husband may not want to be at his company forever, so it leaves us more flexible for the near future. And I'll have more time for self improvement in other areas if I'm not overwhelmed with another graduate program. I'm still going to look for ways to participate in the University community where I'm going though!

I am going to jump back in with another challenge after the current one wraps up! Can't wait!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, alannamoonlight said:

A couple of things -- since my very first challenge here on NF back from October to November last year, I have kept caffeine out of my life and it feels great! I can use a small amount as a tool if I need to study but my dependency on it is totally gone and I'm so happy about that.

That's so exciting!! Good for you!

4 hours ago, alannamoonlight said:

I also didn't get into the PhD program I applied for -- sad, but my husband may not want to be at his company forever, so it leaves us more flexible for the near future. And I'll have more time for self improvement in other areas if I'm not overwhelmed with another graduate program. I'm still going to look for ways to participate in the University community where I'm going though!

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that - but you have a great attitude about it.  :)  I know you're going to find plenty of awesomeness to keep you busy in this season of life, even without a graduate program.

And of course I will be following!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers