Forums are back in action! ×

Down 20 pounds now

After 9 weeks of a new lifestyle, I've hit the -20 mark and actually it's been a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I like fruits and veggies so eating them for snacks is not a problem. At first I dreaded getting up earlier to make myself breakfast but that is just the way it is now. Working out three times a week is going good. I can now jog on the treadmill nonstop for 40 minutes now. I could probably go longer but I don't want to be there all night. I've started picking up the pace now on the treadmill too. I do weight training also and I've been lifting more weight as I go.

I have a pile of clothes on top of my dresser that I never want to wear again. It's good and bad. The good is that I'm not that big anymore. The bad is I just bought them this year and there's about $200 there that was wasted. Oh well. I've even pulled out clothes that I was to big for and now I can fit back into them.

Also, I bought one of them scales that tell you your body fat percentage. I know that the number it shows you may not be all that accurate, but the number has dropped from about 33% to about 26%. It's trending in the right direction.

Thanks

I might be a Scout. I might be a Ranger. I haven't decided yet.

I started at about 240 and just had to go to 38" waist pants and XXL shirts. I wasn't to happy about that which was one of my motivators to finally start losing weight instead of gaining.

I've had to buy myself some new pants too. I'm back to a 36" waist but now instead of buying Levi's comfort fit (the baggiest ones they make), the relaxed fit (not nearly as baggy) fit much better. All my old 36" comfort fit pants look ridiculous on me now.

Thanks

I might be a Scout. I might be a Ranger. I haven't decided yet.

I started at about 240 and just had to go to 38" waist pants and XXL shirts. I wasn't to happy about that which was one of my motivators to finally start losing weight instead of gaining.

I've had to buy myself some new pants too. I'm back to a 36" waist but now instead of buying Levi's comfort fit (the baggiest ones they make), the relaxed fit (not nearly as baggy) fit much better. All my old 36" comfort fit pants look ridiculous on me now.

Thanks

great job!!!!

my suggestion:

get rid of allllll of the new clothes you bought that are now too big.

i know you just spent a lot on them, and that's hard to get over, but it's worth it.

if you keep them, you're more likely to fit back into them at some point than if you had to actually go buy new 38's :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Thanks

Oh my gosh! When I started out I was 245 too (roughly 2 years ago) HAHA very slow weight loss, I did it through pure training with no care with my diet. I just wanted to get strong for my rowing, which kinda worked. I got down to 193 (with my goal weight of 180) but now I'm back to 204 after I stopped the intense training, I did replace it with heavy weights so I can definitely say some of it is muscle.

Right now, I'm heeding all the advice out there that weight loss is 90% diet and 10% training! You seem to be on a good path just keep on chugging! Great job!