Forums are back in action! ×

6 Week Challenge: April 30th to June 11th

spezzy

If your primary goals are strength, I'd go with warrior class. I think it's fine to have goals in other guilds -- it's not like warriors don't also need to have good endurance for long marches.
Nope, Ranger does not = CrossFit. CrossFit = Ranger though. Ranger is simply the mix of warrior and scout.
Kelly, I don't think ranger neccessarily =crossfit, at least I hope it doesn't... I see it as more of a crosstraining/ multi-interest thing.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. Apparently I need to be whichever race is indecisive. I think that's the real issue. Sigh. I'll set my goals and see if that helps? I'll think about it and make a final decision tomorrow. Thanks again!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Whew! This is exciting... My first challenge and it's all race/profession based. It's like building a Skyrim character. (Squee!) Hope I don't get it too messed up though. Since I'm super new, I've really just been worried about eating right and losing weight, but have been doing body weight resistance as my workouts, so I guess Assassin is my niche? I'm going to go write this all out and get it figured out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

Whew! This is exciting... My first challenge and it's all race/profession based. It's like building a Skyrim character. (Squee!) Hope I don't get it too messed up though. Since I'm super new, I've really just been worried about eating right and losing weight, but have been doing body weight resistance as my workouts, so I guess Assassin is my niche? I'm going to go write this all out and get it figured out!

Assassin might be a good fit for you, but if you're not sure where to go, you could always join me with the Adventurers (the people who don't quite know what they're doing yet or like doing multiple things)!

Assassin might be a good fit for you, but if you're not sure where to go, you could always join me with the Adventurers (the people who don't quite know what they're doing yet or like doing multiple things)!

You know, after having read through others' posts, I think Adventurers is better for me right now. I evenutally want to go into Warrior guild so starting off with all the the other n00bs will be better. We can do this!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

Nope, Ranger does not = CrossFit. CrossFit = Ranger though. Ranger is simply the mix of warrior and scout.

Not necessarily :)

I do CF.

I'm a Warrior. :D

Really depends on your personal goals.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Sounds like fun!! I kind of had to read the first few posts a couple times over...

I do have one question -

You say "you get 15 points to start" - so we give ourselves 15 points based on where we are now? Then add to those points at the end of the challenge? Or what? Guess I'm a little lost on that part. Thanks :)

Sounds like fun!! I kind of had to read the first few posts a couple times over...

I do have one question -

You say "you get 15 points to start" - so we give ourselves 15 points based on where we are now? Then add to those points at the end of the challenge? Or what? Guess I'm a little lost on that part. Thanks :)

Precisely. You start with 15. You address how you are now and distribute the points. Then you assign points to your goals and go after it!

Oh okay, so I give (prospective) points to my goals NOW? And then award them to myself if I complete it (or fractions of it depending on how I do, per spezzy's explanation)? ORRR do I just wait til the challenge is over and then give points based on how I do?

You have 15 total points for your stats NOW.

You assign 15 points among you goals that you achieve LATER. Depending on how you grade yourself, depends on how much of those points you actually earn.

Click my challenge in my link... might make more sense to see it.

woohoo! this is going to be awesome.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I do not understand the point system , numbers confuse me :(

that's the pretty much the part I'm hung up on to. Spezzy did add that we don't have to the attributes part.

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

I do not understand the point system , numbers confuse me :(

Hey Gem. You get 15 points to distribute between the attributes to say where you are right now.

Then you get another 15 points to distribute between your goals so that you can earn them if you complete your goals. Let's say you have a goal to run 5k by the end of the challenge. You could attribute 3 stamina and 2 dexterity and if you reach that goal you get to add those points to your total attributes.

I made a spreadsheet to make it easier for me to fill out. Here it is, maybe it will help

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Arpi14gcWvgjdFpoR1Zsc0lxQlVQN3F1clp0bHBlU1E#gid=0

If you need more help feel free to PM me.

Dwarf Ranger STR 3 // DEX 2 // STA 2 // CON 4 // WIS 2 // CHA 2"It's Simple, so says the Captain;Face Forward,Move Slow,Forge Ahead.Onward! Onward! Onward!"

This sounds awesome! I haven't done a challenge for a while, so this is the perfect way to get started again. Now to finalize my goals, and get signed up later today.

This is going to be great! I have a really good feeling about this challenge.

ETA It is very lonely in the Druid's circle. Well, I guess it's a line, really, since it's just me and Spezzy since she's the guild leader.... ha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Since Druids and Monks are a little low in numbers, is there a way to combine them?

Are you saying we're not sufficiently awesome to win this? We need help?!

That sounds like a challenge.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Are you saying we're not sufficiently awesome to win this? We need help?!

That sounds like a challenge.

Hmmm, on the one hand, I do like challenges, and I'd like to declare it's on like one legged king pigeon (pose)! However, on the other hand, that might be a good idea. Not sure of the logistics of it, though.

On the third hand it would be awesome to be the only druid, and win... mwah ha ha!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Archived