Forums are back in action! ×

Becoming the ultimate awesome!

Hello fellow fitness nerds,

I found this great site while searching for something vaguely fitness related – it seemed right up my street since I have a black belt in TKD, which is practically the same thing as being a Jedi. :)

I’m currently training kickboxing as well as distance running, although lately the running has taken precedence as I trained for – and completed – my first marathon (yay me!). I’ve been doing both MA and running for a long time and am in reasonable shape, but I’d like to start getting better times in races so am looking at getting faster and leaner. Add to that some recent injuries, and I have realised the hard way that it’s time to incorporate regular strength training into my fitness schedule again. So I want to drop some body fat, break some PB’s and regain the flexibility and power I had when I was training TKD 3-4 times a week – basically becoming the most awesome me I can possibly be. A goal as good as any, I’d say - and it starts here!

Always kick higher

Welcome from across the pond! Sounds like you are already significantly badass and heading in the right direction.

Random, but your avatar immediately invoked the image of the swamp scene from Never Ending Story where Artax dies in the Swamp of Sadness.*

*full disclosure: I had to google the name of the horse and the swamp.

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross

Thanks all!

Josh: The Never Ending Story was one of my absolute favourite movies when I was about 10, but I would always cry during that particular scene - it is just sooo sad! The race depicted in my avatar was more Swamp of Fury than Swamp of Sadness though. ;)

Always kick higher

Welcome JediJem!

You've come just in time to hop in on the next 6 week challenge. Starts tomorrow.

http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10716-6-Week-Challenge-April-30th-to-June-11th <---All the details are there.

Sounds like you will fit in well with monks, or scouts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Jump Rope Rotations: 20,500/80,000

What is Dead May Never Die, but Rise Again, Harder and Stronger

Archived