Forums are back in action! ×

The Wanderer Returns

Wow.  It's been another year since I last posted.  See my previous respawn posts if you're interested in my past efforts.  This time, I'm not actually returning from any drastic dip in my fitness--far from it.  I've been steady at 180-185 pounds for most of this last year.  My lifting had to pause for a while during the last quarter of 2017 while I got my house ready to put on the market.  We sold it, and moved into an apartment while building our new house--the one I hope to send my kids to college from.

My exercise  priorities have definitely shifted.  I'm 39 now, so having any delusions about powerlifting competitions or burning down the Powerlifting leaderboards are out the window.  At this point, I just want to improve my health and appearance as much as possible, training in the way most enjoyable to me.  This means lifting moderate weights with some bodyweight movements mixed in, focusing on supersets to maximize my limited workout time (3 nights a week).  I've been doing this consistently since I moved into the apartment, and the results have been good.  My diet is also still a fairly solid 80/20 Paleo-Primal, and I love eating that way.

Looking forward to the new house being finished so I can ditch the machines and go back to my pig iron-based home gym.  I'll be adding a full range of hex dumbbells so I can continue the superset pattern I've fully adopted in the apartment fitness center.  You might even say my "warrior" training has started to resemble a "ranger," but I don't think I'd go that far.  I'm more like the older, more seasoned warrior who's looking to just survive the fight and look half-way decent doing it.  No need to bend bars.

Oh, and far as logging my workouts go...#&$^ that.  :P  I'm just going to keep track of lifts in my head and follow where my body takes me.  The name of the game is fun and consistency now--numbers be damned.  

I'll be lurking around the forums, looking for inspiration and a little nerd comradery.  MIght even do a challenge now and then, but they'll be the kind of challenge threads more concerned with general goals, gifs and memes.  

See ya around.

• Like 1