Forums are back in action! ×

Respawning after a few year hiatus

Mithryl here,

I've been here before, a few years ago but now I am back. The people in my life are terrible accountability buddies so I came back here. I will be starting over completely, rereading the material and going through the 12-week quests again. I am here to get my "big why" knocked out. It's pretty basic: I'm sick of not having the energy to do anything and I am sick of being uncomfortable in my own skin. I am terribly self-conscious and I want to change that. Back when I originally started this and lost some weight I felt damn good, had more energy and my posture was also better. I have less anxiety now because I am graduating, I am also working for a good company that really encourages a healthy lifestyle so I should have a better time of it now. PLUS I want to stand a chance during the zombie apocalypse and as it stands I would rate my odds very low :playful:

• Like 2

i hear you! i think about a zombie apocalypse a lot, too. like what skills do i need to level up? where would i go? important questions

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Welcome to both of you! I'm so glad you're here - and yes, being prepared for a zombie apocalypse (or any other large-scale scary event) is TOTALLY a legit reason to want to get stronger and faster!! (Just a shameless plug for my own guild, Rangers do lots of fitness activities that would get you ready for a zombie apocalypse!!)

Have you both checked out the NF Beginner's Guide to help you get started? 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers