Forums are back in action! ×

Hi I'm new here and I really need to get my *#&$ together :-)

Hi All,

My I am RNO, 40 yo and I joined the academy two weeks ago when I was at 93.5 Kg (206 lbs) at about an estimated 27-30% bodyfat. I live an awesome life and yet, beginning of this year I got sick with what I thought was the Nth flu of the season, but it turned into almost 6 weeks at home with burnout symptoms. I am currently recovering/preventing to get in really deep. Not that I am sour or anything, but I have seen what it can do to friends and I really don't want that to happen, so I have labeled the beginning of the year as my final warning.

So, now body and mind get a lot more attention to get (and stay) in shape. I have experienced my fair share of motivation and its awesome, but when it fades and reality takes over again, I want to find a way to actually stick to the things that I know worked for me when I had the motivation, but get harder when that is gone. Part of that is signing up here and be somewhat public about it :-)

My goal is to basically "get in shape". That means losing a lot of fat and be fit enough to play in the yard with my children. I used to love gymnastics when I was a little boy and it has recently sparkled my interest again. Unfortunately, even though I am very motivated, I simply lack the physical mobility/flexibility to do that stuff again. But I hope I will again in a while. 

Currently, I have lost about 6 to 7 lbs in the first two weeks and that is encouraging. I can start to see it as well, which is nice. I am aware that even though my normal meals were not extremely bad, I have a sweettooth and just mindlessly snacked all the time. That is currently the hardest part, noticing the cravings and them letting them go.

Anyway, I hope that <85kg (about 185 lbs) @ 15-17% is a challenging but achievable goal for me and that I can start to do fun things with my body. I really enjoy bodyweight and gymnastics stuff. A friend of mine is great at rings and I want to be able to do that. But apart from weight/fat numbers, I just want to be able to do several push ups, pull ups and a handstand. Not sure how long it will take, but those are really measurements that I look at now that would make me very proud of myself. Just for reference, I have started with level 1 bodyweight exercises and I can do everything above what is mentioned in the exercices, but I cannot do knee push ups and that really pisses me off. I can do those elevated push ups against the kitchen counter, but lower than that is a challenge.

Anyway, if you read this far one: amazing, thanks! I expect to check in regularly and call for help or help others :-)

RNO

• Like 2