Forums are back in action! ×

I think I may need to join you all in your quests

My first hint was that I watched the introduction video while eating Skittles and Diet Pepsi.

I read some of Steven’s writing online and knew this sounded like a home to me, but I’m tentative to throw more money after something that might not fit.  My biggest fears?  I am aspiring to eat a plant-based diet—so far the force is strong in the cheese, but I’m working on it.  I am also old as Obi Wan Kenobi, so I wonder if my kids will have me declared incompetent by a judge and use my joining an online fitness group as evidence of the loss of my faculties.  I also have rheumatoid arthritis that affects my knees, ankles and grip strength. (There are days I just can’t grip my light saber!), so I wonder about the exercises.  Truthfully, I’ve recently started a dumbbell routine to work my arms, and last night I couldn’t finish it because I couldn’t hold on to the dumb bells.  It’s not ALWAYS that bad, though.  

Here’s what I know (see...I’m talking myself into this by writing this post):  the more I gently move, the better my joints feel.  The more weight I lose, the more the inflammation in my joints will reduce, and I will be in less pain and be less susceptible to more dis-ease.  

Can you all deal with a nice older gentleman (well...I try), who needs your help?  I promise to send happy energies your directions!  

P.S.  I posted this elsewhere, and then discovered this forum, where I think it is more appropriate to post such thoughts.  Sorry for the duplication.

BearKey

Start slowly and carefully, you must. To your body, listen.

There are exercises for everyone and everything. So if you can't complete one type, or it hurts, try something different.

I've heard swimming is probably the most forgiving form of exercise for joints and you can build up your strength over time.

May the force be with you

Wannabe Assassin

Current Challenge: Begin the Tutorial

The (Daily) Struggle

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, BearKey said:

I am also old as Obi Wan Kenobi, so I wonder if my kids will have me declared incompetent by a judge and use my joining an online fitness group as evidence of the loss of my faculties.  

Perhaps, but when you can do more pull ups than them, they may change their feelings. :lol: welcome!  There are several of us in the Obi Wan Kenobi age bracket here,. We have a thread

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/68642-chronologically-blessed/&page=32

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27