Forums are back in action! ×

More than half a decade later...

Can't believe it's been six years since I first joined the Rebellion.  Holy hannah.  I spent a couple good years here as Sambie Wilkes in the beginning, made some great online friends, completed several challenges, lost a good amount of weight and built a good amount of strength.  I was in a fresh-muscle derby skating league, I did homegrown Crossfit style workouts, my diet was tight, and I had a clear view of my future from here to the horizon.  Then, in one single moment, I hit a hard patch in life and everything crumbled.  Actually, that's not really fair to say.  What actually happened is that I realized I was in a bad place in my personal life and had to burn it all to the ground (metaphorically-speaking) in order to get free and get mentally healthy.  Making that decision was easy, and I have never looked back.  But actually doing it --burning it all to the ground-- was really hard, and I took a break from a lot of things, including my online activities.  Came back here briefly in 2015 as Winxy_Pistol but I wasn't ready.  That respawn didn't take and I disappeared again.  And now it's 2018, and I'm back, this time with the moniker Thilde which, for the first time, is just a variation of my real name.

I have physical goals and mental health goals because, for me  (as for many of us), they go hand in hand.  I have learned through trial and many errors that I can't expect to improve my physical body without having a good strategy to maintain good mental health, and I can't have good mental health without also taking care of my body.  

I'm here to dig back into the work of being a healthy person.  I don't have a plan yet, but I'm working on that.  I will likely set up a Battle Log thread and go from there.  This respawn post is me taking the first baby step.

• Like 4