Forums are back in action! ×

And now for some Introductions!

Hello Rebels,  my name is Porter. 

I am a psychologist in my mid 30s who just got zer dream job (starting in a week!).  I love fiber crafts, tabletop role playing,  all sorts of fantasy based media, and all things outdoors. I am a genderqueer person who uses ze/zer pronouns and part of my motivation fro  making life changes comes from  wanting access to a broader and more gender congruent wardrobe. 

I am here to get some accountability and support in my  epic journey to get healthy.  I am no stranger to fitness and grew up super sporty, but getting a doctorate, working too many jobs, and choosing a profession where I sit 5 + hours a day are all conspiring with my thyroid condition to  make me mega unhealthy and  really fat. Last year I had a pulmonary embolism in both lungs and since then I have done a lot to cleanup my diet and found some ways of eating that are sustainable to me.  Now I just need to  build consistent habits and work on the physical health parts such as improved endurance, improved flexibility, and improved strength. 

• Like 2

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward. -Amelia Earhart

Current Challenge: Tale of Nettis Clovenmark: CH 1: Stillness 

Ze/Zer/Zers

14 hours ago, alexc said:

Hi!

Grad school is a serious salt mine ><  Congrats on making it out!

Thanks!  I am rediscovering having free time and interests. It's amazing!

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward. -Amelia Earhart

Current Challenge: Tale of Nettis Clovenmark: CH 1: Stillness 

Ze/Zer/Zers