Forums are back in action! ×

I'm ready to start questing!!

Not even gonna sugar coat it, I am a big dude. 6'2" and I curently weigh a touch over 131kg (288lbs). I have never been a small guy. I am quite heavy set with broad shoulders and a large chest. At my lightest, I weighed in at 100kg - 105kg (220lbs - 230lbs) and I really want to get back to that, and possibly beyond.

Almost 2 years ago to the day, I gave up my pack a day smoking habit. I did it cold turkey and my motivation was my wife and kids and gaining back the ability to keep up with them in day to day stuff. Ironically, this just compounded my weight issues and I swapped 1 addiction for another addiction.....FOOD! At the time, I was doing a good thing. I wasn't smoking, go me! but I also wasn't watching what else I was doing to keep my mind off the smokes.

I have put on 15kgs since then and I am struggling with keeping up with the family, almost as much as I was when I was smoking. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it. I have been smoke free for 2 years and I am proud of that fact and I wouldn't change what I have accomplished, but now its time to kick it up a notch and live a better, healthier life!

I'm here because out of all the things I have read online, this made the most sense to me. The no bullshit way NF gets info across appeals to me and a community full of nerds is exactly where I need to be! I manage a Support Services team in a software company in Melbourne, Australia and spend my whole day with nerds and I wouldn't have it any other way, so this group is very fitting for me and I am looking forward to taking the next steps on my quest!