Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel joining the cause!

Greetings and well met everyone!

I am new to this place having just joined today. My story is a good one full of twists and turns and drama and highlights and unsuspected truths. 

As far as my health and fitness story though it's pretty straightforward. :)

I was always a small girl, and slowly as I aged I got a little bigger. Never really changed what I ate and never really exercised at all. I'm not terribly overweight nor am I uncomfortable with myself. My life is pretty good and if nothing changed I'd think it was mediocre and die fairly satisfied. 

However … I want to be strong. I want to live with my current quality of life/abilities until I die. That means I have to take better care of myself. I have spent the last year trying to figure out how to do that. Over the last year I've gone from drinking four Dr. Peppers a day to only having one on the weekend *Sometimes* because I'm not just used to having water so I don't even crave Dr. Pepper any more. It's just become a treat and every couple of weekends I say "That'd be nice" and have one.

I go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up early enough to workout, shower, make breakfast, and head to work 15 minutes early. I don't do all those things … but I'm up early enough that I could if I wanted to. When people say to start small … I start REALLY small. So like, "Workout" I'm more like … let's just make the time to workout. and then spend that 45 minutes before work reading articles about working out. Oh! I did start going for walks on my 10 minute breaks at work so I get 20 minutes of walking in every day.

I do make dinner most nights and take the leftovers to work for lunch the next day. But then I get fast food for breakfast and snack on chocolate bars and chips. (With water - Yay!)

So I'm looking forward to using the resources on this site to take my challenges to the next level and finally become the hero I've always wanted to be. I'm also looking forward to joining the community and finally having nerdy friends (My coworkers have never even seen star wars - one of them gave me the Vulcan salute and said "May the force be with you." *facepalm*)

I'm happy and energetic and upbeat … Just think Unikitty! and I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

• Like 1

Just kind of a follow up, I've been told to find my big why and to share it. So ... Ahem..

I want to be proud of myself. I've always been an under achiever, and I'm tired of that. I know that I'm capable of so much more and I want the people around me to know that too. I don't want to fade into the background of mediocrity, I want to stand in the forefront of power and drive. If I ever hear someone tell me one more time that I'm a failure, I want to laugh in their face and know that not one area of my life would be considered failed. That's my big why. Fighting the demons of the past, and saving the future me that I could be.