Forums are back in action! ×

Starting to rub off the A button...

Hey, all, it's me again. I think this is something like my sixth respawn and I'm getting frustrated, but that's neither here nor there.

I've reworked my plan again based on what didn't work last time, I've got a whole new set of goals and expectations, and a couple of brand new spreadsheets, and I'm ready to start banging my head on the brick wall again.

I'm super excited to be back in the forums though!

• Like 3

My Character

Current Challenge: Starting from the Start

HIIIIII,

I remember you!  Welcome back!!  Let me know if you put up a chalkenge somewhere!!

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

On 7/14/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stribs said:

HIIIIII,

I remember you!  Welcome back!!  Let me know if you put up a chalkenge somewhere!!

Hey! I remember you too! Happy to see you again! I just went to link the challenge but it turns out you find me there :) I'm about to go looking for yours, too!

On 7/15/2018 at 12:41 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

What went wrong the last five times? Elaborate spreadsheets are great, but a lot of people around here need to simplify. One goal at time, build up, let the little snowball eventually become an avalanche.

Not enough pre-prep, too much trying to load up individual days with tasks. Unfortunately, my ability to do little tasks like logging varies pretty wildly from day to day.

The spreadsheets are a little step for me -- they're not intended to be used every day. They're all pre-prepared meal plans, so at the moment, all I need to do is to pick one, load up the grocery list on my phone (which is already all set up, too) and go for the week. If I get energy or inspiration, I can use the spreadsheets to put together more plans, but at the moment I've got a few good ones that mean I don't have to rely on being attentive enough to log every day or make a plan from scratch every week.

But you're totally right -- I've tried to go the spreadsheets-and-regular-logging route in the past and that didn't work. My main problem was simplifying in a way that meant I was still working from concrete numbers.

My Character

Current Challenge: Starting from the Start