Forums are back in action! ×

Geeks CAN Kick Butt Too

Hi everyone,

Steve from upstate NY. About to turn 42. Been a geek/nerd all my life, although I am not geeky about the subjects MOST people think of when they hear that term. No, my geekery is related to the topics of horror movies, music (indie/alternative), and martial arts, with some dabbling also in exercise and nutrition. Never got into Doctor Who or Star Trek, although I love Star Wars! Also, while I do enjoy some anime movies, I have seen very few. Oh, and I enjoy the MCU as much as the next nerd, but I haven't bought a new comic since I was maybe 19 or 20.

Anyway, I am here because the name of the site attracted me. Then when I saw it has an RPG-esque kind of setup, I was like, "Holy cow...I'm home!"

Right now I work for New York State full-time. I have a part-time where I take a developmentally disabled fellow into the community and help him learn social skills. I also do freelance writing (when there is work there, of course). And lastly, I'm also putting together an online business related to Wing Chun Kung Fu. It is based on the fact that, over the years, there have been many times where I was unable to make it to class due to time, or money, or both. Then I started thinking: "How could I train at home so that I can still increase my skill level?" After a while of developing my own home-based training routine, I noticed that other people online faced the same problem, so I thought, "Why not offer them MY solutions?"

So I look forward to many geeky/nerdy discussions with all of you!

Steve

• Like 1

Steve G.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, Raksha said:

Welcome! This site is a great place to get your geek on, as it were, and we do some awesome challenges here you may want to check out. A new one is starting in a week or so, I think! Wander around and jump on into a conversation!

Thanks for the reply! I look forward to joining in on some mega-geeky discussions!

Steve G.