Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I am a fat guy and I want to live.

I go by EgoTrip when gaming but I normally go by Wayne.  

My biggest motivation is that I didn't want to die in my mid 40s. At the beginning of the year this year (2018) I had a bad doctors visit.  I always thought that I was still healthy (even though I was overweight) and his words did it for me.

I have tried so many "diets" and "exercise programs" over the years and been an utter failure. I recently found NF and have been using it as support for the last 5 months.  I am shy and posting stuff is not in my wheelhouse.  I started working on my eating (total caloric intake) first and then started to just walk by building at work several times a day.  This has helped me lose over 30 lbs. in 5 months. That is over 10% of my starting weight. Now my knees, back, neck and rest of my body doesn't hurt as bad when just going through a normal day.  

I can now walk a mile at a 3.5 mph speed and my heart rate stays just around 100 bpm.  When I first started going a 1/2 mile would cause my heart rate to go over 140 bpm.  

This week is the start of my first step in the Beginners Body Weight Workout. Reading all that I have on this site has given me a confidence and desire to make these lifestyle changes.

I look forward to being a NF'er forever.

This isn't about "dieting" or "exercising" for me, it is about living my life again and for many years to come.

Thank you again.

• Like 3

Congrats on the weight loss! I

5 minutes ago, EgoTrip said:

This isn't about "dieting" or "exercising" for me, it is about living my life again and for many years to come

I love this quote. You should put it in your signature

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27