Forums are back in action! ×

How i got here and where i'm going

Hello,

I'm Kpfettstyle. I've been reading these article for awhile but have just signed up for the forums today. I figured i'd jump into this and give you guys a little background on who I am and what i'm doing.

I've never been the type that has ever cared about dieting and exercise. I would eat fast food and i'd lay around playing video games. As a kid i was always very athletic and i just never could see myself as a fat, lazy, guy that couldn't run fast. Well now i'm 24 and that's exactly what i am.

A few years back my father was rushed to the hospital after having a stroke. He survived the ordeal but ended up paralyzed on his entire left half of his body. It was a scary experience and he was only in his 40s but decades of drinking and smoking and eating with no care will do that to you. That's when i learned that strokes run in my family. My grandfather(my dad's dad) also had a stroke at a very young age.

In December i went to the emergency room because half of my face had become paralyzed. after 3 days there they realized i had meningitis and that caused me to have bells palsy which is what caused the face issue. The doctor told me about the morality rate of the type of meningitis i had and it was alarming to see that had i stayed my stubborn self i would more then likely be dead. I didn't plan on going to the hospital or anything but my friend came and picked me up and dragged me there(god bless her). The entire situation was terrible but the worst part was seeing myself with half a paralyzed face. My sister joked about how i looked like my dad. That's when i realized i needed to change my life before i ended up like him.

While there they took my weight... and i about cried when i saw I was at 230 lbs. The last time i had weighed myself i was at 200lbs and even that was upsetting to me. After i got out of the hospital i was on pretty hard bed rest for about 3 weeks before i could get back to work. After that i was able to come to work but was limited in my activity. Finally after i felt i was ok with doing some exercising and healthy living i weighed myself again. This time i was at an alarming 250 lbs.

that's when i started going to the gym. i had a 3 week trial at a local gym and i started going there. I did the typical thing, get on the bikes, get on the treadmill, get on the weight machines. Then i got afraid i was doing something wrong. So i googled "how to work out at the gym" and i found an article right here on nerdfitness about it. That's the first time i read anything on this site.

It was love at first site. I read many articles that day and signed up for the newsletter. Now i read the new articles as they come out. I've been trying to get more into Paleo diet but i'm having some major problems with the grains and the dairy. I've cut most processed crap and all unnatural sugars from my system. I'm proud to announce i quit my long lasting addiction to soda!

Now after finding this site i've lost 6lbs(not as much as i'd like but i am working on it). last week i was at 244 lbs and i'm still going strong. so that's where i am.

My goal is to get into good shape. I don't want to be huge and bulky but i want to be lean and strong. My ideal shape is what the spartans looked like in the movie 300.

Speaking of i'd also love to be able to pull off the 300 challenge within 20 min. That's another goal!

To anybody that has somehow managed to read this entire thing i say thank you.... you have great patience

Thanks,

KPfettstyle

Kpfettstyle

Level 1

Spartan(Human) Adventurer

STR: 2 DEX: 1 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 3 CHA: 3

http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?11017-My-First-challenge!

"Try not, do or do not, there is no try"

Archived