Forums are back in action! ×

This is the last time I going to start and not finish!

Afternoon!

So, thought I should post a bit about me - at least so I mentally am more into this process.

I stumbled across this site a couple of days ago, and read some of the success stories and other peoples starting points and it sounded so much like me (including one which was v spooky in terms of their current job, size, routine etc) - so thought that if this is the place for me!

Although I do work in IT, I am not a nerd (dont tell anyone - I havent watched ANY of the starwars movies all the way through) - but I think I will feel at home here - so please be gentle with me :)

I am 34 and live in Cambridge, UK - and I currently weight the most I have ever - 255lb with 32% body fat.

I am not exactly new to exercise, I did some training last year and got down to 224lb but then work and life took over and it all went back on.

This time I am hopeful that the support and inspiration from you lot will mean I will get on this route to a new life and keep on at it.

Initial goals, although I dont know how long they will take, are to get down to a suitable weight (I am not sure what precise weight would suit my frame), and then work on strength.

Mini goals along the way will include

• getting down to 240lb in the 6 week challenge
  • running 5k without stopping - another part of my 6 week challenge
  • running a half marathon in October/November faster than I did a couple of years ago (aiming for less than 2:15 - previous time was 2:30)
  • getting to 227lb (so I am "only" overweight - not obese (according to BMI))

Ultimately I want to be able to do "normal" things - like not hide in baggy hoodies/t-shirts; be able to do more than 10 pressups without it killing me; being able to 1 pull up (god - that would be amazing)

I know it isnt going to be easy - I am going from eating rubbish, not exercising, and having little motivation to actually working towards these goals - but I am sick of starting this kind of journey to be put off by something and going back to square 1.

Archived