Forums are back in action! ×

new challenge questions...

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

So to do this new challenge...how do i distribute points? Is it based off some set criteria somewhere? i can bench 185 for 5 reps and Deadlift 275 for 3x5 does that give me a strength of 3? 4? 9? what is the standard? what is the level cap? is it 50? how do i know where to start rating myself? my charismas would be really high does that mean it's a 9? a 30?

Sorry if this is already listed and i just missed it but i couldn't recognize a clear and concise way to kick off what I am doing. As usual i probably just missed it so apologies.

So to do this new challenge...how do i distribute points? Is it based off some set criteria somewhere? i can bench 185 for 5 reps and Deadlift 275 for 3x5 does that give me a strength of 3? 4? 9? what is the standard? what is the level cap? is it 50? how do i know where to start rating myself? my charismas would be really high does that mean it's a 9? a 30?

Sorry if this is already listed and i just missed it but i couldn't recognize a clear and concise way to kick off what I am doing. As usual i probably just missed it so apologies.

The thread says you receive 15 base stats and 15 to give to goals. What you do with those is based on how you grade yourself.

Edit: Read here: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10716-6-Week-Challenge-April-30th-to-June-11th&p=151497&viewfull=1#post151497

Guest Snake McClain
The thread says you receive 15 base stats and 15 to give to goals. What you do with those is based on how you grade yourself.

Edit: Read here: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10716-6-Week-Challenge-April-30th-to-June-11th&p=151497&viewfull=1#post151497

I saw that but i didn't know if i was just missing some grading system somewhere for how to initially place my points. Thanks Wade!

Also question. Let's say one of my goals is to start interval sprints (tabata for example) should this be on or off lifting days? I have a day dedicated to legs and back that is pretty rough and leaves me dying. doing it that day is probably not a good idea yeah? where would you place that?

I saw that but i didn't know if i was just missing some grading system somewhere for how to initially place my points. Thanks Wade!

Also question. Let's say one of my goals is to start interval sprints (tabata for example) should this be on or off lifting days? I have a day dedicated to legs and back that is pretty rough and leaves me dying. doing it that day is probably not a good idea yeah? where would you place that?

That I really don't know. If you're asking how many points to assign, I could help with that. As far as workout and recovery, I'm not the most knowledgable.

Hey Snake,

Just a suggestion, this is how I decided was the easiest way to figure out distribution of points:

Since you start out with 15 across 6 categories, I figured if all was even, I'd have 3 categories with 2 points and 3 categories with 3 points (2 2 2 3 3 3, for ex.)... and I first thought, "what are my strongest suits" and gave those the 3's... from there I just adjusted as I saw fit - I considered taking 1 from one category and sticking it on another category (for example to make it all 2 2 1 3 3 4 or 2 2 2 3 2 4, etc)... hope that helps! I kind of convoluted that explanation a bit.

As for HIIT days, I would say definitely don't add those in if you've already spent a large chunk of your energy on other things (like that day you said you feel dead)... but a good way to include these is either A) if you have a day dedicated to mostly cardio (or all cardio) you could add longer intervals (non-tabata) or just throw in a tabata set in the middle or at the end of a cardio workout, or B) on a lower-spectrum strength day, add tabata at the end for a metabolic finisher... that'll be sure to increase your EPOC (Google it!) as well as the efficiency of your workout.

Overall though, just make sure you listen to your body and don't push it too much farther than it wants/needs to/can go!! Good luck dude.

Non-leg days. Ideally the day before a rest day so they can recover. Tabatas and intervals and the like can make you want to vomit and die (though not necessarily in that order); I couldn't imagine the sheer amount of suck it would be to do them on a leg-strength-training day.

Guest Snake McClain
Hey Snake,

Just a suggestion, this is how I decided was the easiest way to figure out distribution of points:

Since you start out with 15 across 6 categories, I figured if all was even, I'd have 3 categories with 2 points and 3 categories with 3 points (2 2 2 3 3 3, for ex.)... and I first thought, "what are my strongest suits" and gave those the 3's... from there I just adjusted as I saw fit - I considered taking 1 from one category and sticking it on another category (for example to make it all 2 2 1 3 3 4 or 2 2 2 3 2 4, etc)... hope that helps! I kind of convoluted that explanation a bit.

As for HIIT days, I would say definitely don't add those in if you've already spent a large chunk of your energy on other things (like that day you said you feel dead)... but a good way to include these is either A) if you have a day dedicated to mostly cardio (or all cardio) you could add longer intervals (non-tabata) or just throw in a tabata set in the middle or at the end of a cardio workout, or B) on a lower-spectrum strength day, add tabata at the end for a metabolic finisher... that'll be sure to increase your EPOC (Google it!) as well as the efficiency of your workout.

Overall though, just make sure you listen to your body and don't push it too much farther than it wants/needs to/can go!! Good luck dude.

That's actually a great idea (the stats) and definitely a good idea. i don't know why but it didn't occurr to me to even do my sprints on my non leg day of lifting *facepalm*

Non-leg days. Ideally the day before a rest day so they can recover. Tabatas and intervals and the like can make you want to vomit and die (though not necessarily in that order); I couldn't imagine the sheer amount of suck it would be to do them on a leg-strength-training day.

Serioiusly doing them the day before/during/after leg day would be a nightmare. I already can barely make it to my feet when i'm done on those days. It's both amazing and awful simultaneously.

Snake, it probably seems a bit weird to put a number towards and attribute and see others who don't lift as much as you (as an example) with the same number. It's more a way to measure relative progress and keep things even/fair, kind of like rating lifts by %BW instead of straight up weight.

As said above, I knew when attributes I was stronger in and what I need to work on so I upped and downed those appropriately.

Good luck

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Snake, it probably seems a bit weird to put a number towards and attribute and see others who don't lift as much as you (as an example) with the same number. It's more a way to measure relative progress and keep things even/fair, kind of like rating lifts by %BW instead of straight up weight.

As said above, I knew when attributes I was stronger in and what I need to work on so I upped and downed those appropriately.

Good luck

Perfect explanation.

Archived