Forums are back in action! ×

Hello, greetings from Madrid!!

Hello, I'm a argentinian guy (living in Spain) who has been reading Nerd Fitness for a loooong time... everytime it was great and really enjoyed but not really useful... i think that i was using it to procrastinate.

...buuuuut, the last week i was in an exchange in other country and i had the chance to see my life ''from another point of view'' and saw something that i didn't like (in a physical, mental and social way), so i'm determinated to change my life.

Because that I'm going to put my epic quest, and my challengue shortly!!

Also I'm trying to improve more my english (my mother tongue it's spanish and i've never ''really'' study english), my confidence in myself and a lot of things more.

I hope that this message hasn't broke any rule (I've really read all the rules) and if i have some grammatical mistake, please tell me

:)

Ps: No grammarnazis allowed! xD

Ps2: Seriously guys, thanks for reading everything (with probably all my grammar mistakes xD)

Ps3: <-- Yeah, better than Xbox360 (sorry for the bad joke).

Bienvenido, compañero! Como ya sabes, somos gente agradable, a veces algo impresentable, pero siempre honorable y respetuosa.

(Welcome, comrade! As you already know, we're a cheerful bunch, sometimes a bit scruffy, but always honorable and friendly.)

We'll put up with your grammatical errors if you'll put up with ours. :) Kick back, grab a mate or some coffee, and tell us about yourself. Where in Argentina are you from, and what brings you to Madrid? (I'm envious on both counts; I spent a month in Argentina years ago, and a year in Spain more years ago. I miss both places.)

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Maj. Bloodnok, I was born in Buenos Aires (the capital) and I lived in Argentina until i was 11 years-old then my family move on to Madrid... so all my memories are from Madrid, but almost all my family it's living in Argentina. Yeah, I know they are lovely places!!

Where did you go in Argentina and Spain? (where do you live?)

BadWolf, yes, it's one of my life-goals; be able to speak, write and understand english as if were one mother tongue. If you want to pratice spanish i don't have any trouble to keep correspondence with you! it's more, i'll be glad to help you :D

ETFnerd, YEAH!! The ring! a great boxer, i know his name because he born ''near''(almost in the same neighborhood) were i used to live! (i think that he don't train there anymore xD)

Vegetassassin: I spent a month in the Zárate area in 1998, about an hour north of Buenos Aires. I got down to BA on weekends, ate a lot of churrasco, saw the sights, raided the bookstores (I have a bachelor's degree in Hispanic literature). Beautiful city. In 1991 I spent an academic year in Valencia, and traveled around the country by train. I loved the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona, but my best memories are of places like Avila, Gerona, and Santiago de Compostela. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Archived