Forums are back in action! ×

New recruit signing up!

I decided to stop lurking and say hello! I'm new here and absolutely love the site.

So, hi guys! *waves*

My name's Lucy, I'm 20 years old, 5 foot tall and currently 120lbs (am mid-weight loss).

Basically I had an unfortunate scales incident in which I realised I had gained nearly 20lbs by accident. After this, and realising that there was a real possibility of me spending all summer playing Skyrim and eating junk, I thought I might make some changes in my life. So I started eating better and started jogging (Couch to 5k)... and then I found Nerd Fitness!

Now as well as losing some flab, I really really want to get fit :) Staci's story was one of the most inspirational things I have ever read, so I'm figuring out how I can start lifting weights too.

I have this idea of where I want to end up in maybe a few months time...

• To not be constantly trying to lose weight, but just eating healthily. Well... with maybe a couple of not-so-healthy meals once in a while ;)
  • Going jogging every day, and lifting weights 3 times a week.
  • To have stopped smoking!

My family are somewhat supportive, my friends... less so. So I think this site is gonna be the thing that helps me get there :)

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Lucy xxx

Pain is temporary!

Hey, glad to have ya here. There are plenty of paths to take to get you to where you want to be, and we can help point the way for you. Poke around and let us know how we can help!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Archived