Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie recruit....

Hi everybody!

I'm Bouchra, 18 yo, and I'm new here on the forums, though I've been subscribed to the blog for a few weeks now. What got me to join was an email about the challenge... and I'm so excited about it.

I already have some initial fitness goals that I had penned down for this year, but every time I start, something happens after a couple of weeks and the whole thing goes wrong. However, I have decided that's not going to be the same with these goals, because I seriously need to lose LOTS of weight.

I'm about 5'2", and roughly around 157 lbs (fluctuating between 70 and 72 kg).

My main fitness goal for 2012 was and still is being able to run a 5K. Right now I'm at a point where I barely can take the stairs up 2 floors before I feel I need to drag my legs to walk across the landing! I hope to improve this too...

I know this isn't related to fitness, but it's related to overall well-being.... I also want to adjust my sleep schedule... I'm trying to go polyphasic, I'm still trying to work out a plan that'll work for me... hopefully I'll have one before the end of the year...

Bouchra

Previous Challenges

Current Challenge

"Shine like the whole universe is yours."

- Rumi

Good job on committing to leveling up Bouchra!!

Do you have a particular plan for hitting that 5k run? A lot of the guys here have completed the Couch to 5k program.

Amen on the sleep, a good solid block of at least 7hrs is necessary for a healthy body.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Good job on committing to leveling up Bouchra!!

Do you have a particular plan for hitting that 5k run? A lot of the guys here have completed the Couch to 5k program.

Amen on the sleep, a good solid block of at least 7hrs is necessary for a healthy body.

Yup, the C25K program's what I'm going to do.

Thanks for the welcome.

Previous Challenges

Current Challenge

"Shine like the whole universe is yours."

- Rumi

Yup, the C25K program's what I'm going to do.

QUOTE]

This is a super-late reply, I know, but this is a great program for a new runner. It took me about 3 different attempts over 2 years to get it to stick, but once it did I progressed pretty well. I started running about 3 years ago and ran my first 1/2 marathon this year.

The biggest thing you can do is: Don't give up! You may have to restart a few times before it sticks, but experiment until you find what works for you (I have to run every-other-day instead of 3 times a week or I fall out of the schedule).

Good luck and welcome aboard (several months before me!).

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Archived