Forums are back in action! ×

If spastic dancing while cooking and riding unicorns counts as exercise - count me in! (newb)

Hi everyone!

My name's Jessie and I've struggled with binge eating ever since I was a wee lil lass in middle school. I'm conquering it more and more now in my mid-thirties (thanks, therapy!) but now it's time to address my health more holistically as well. I'm mostly vegan (which I see isn't much discussed here, no worries guys, I'm not one of the much hated vegans that memes are made of, I just choose what I eat for myself and mind my own damn business about what y'all eat). I can't play a video game to save my life (except for Monsters, where it's tower defense) but I love me my weekly DnD session (my current character is an Eldritch Knight gnome named Catnip), a good sci-fi book, going to Harry Potter World, or just being 110% myself which has somehow landed me in the category of "nerd" - whatever, I'll take it - nerds are the coolest people I know. I played/reffed/coached/announced roller derby from 2006-2016 and although I miss the camaraderie of the sport, I do not miss the bruises. I was also never very competitive.

I'm here to gain wisdom from y'all and try to help anyone else if I can. I've got plant-based recipes for DAYS!!! I've made myself a little star chart out of a Lisa Frank calendar and have been rewarding myself for staying in my calorie count (with the GOOD kind of calories), getting 25 minutes of activity a day, and eating within my IF window (which from here I'm reading IF might not be so good for the ladies. . . I'm not finding that so I'll just keep on trucking). 

I like unicorns and rainbows, making art, helping others, plotting in my planner, and batch-cooking delicious meals.

What brought YOU here? How do you think NF can help anyone? How come there isn't a Bard guild? If you had to choose between an owl or a flamingo as a pet, which would you choose and why?

(I also like asking questions)

Hello darling, welcome!

I would like to let you know that there is a Disordered Eating Support Thread, if that's something you'd be interested in. I think the supportive community and consistent schedule of 4-week challenges is where Nerd Fitness shines. There are other fitness communities out there, but few are as open, accepting, and enthusiastically nerdy as ours. :)

Hi!

I always fancied giving roller derby a try, although it's not so big over here in the UK. Possibly a bit late for me now, but never say never...

I'm new here myself so just learning the ropes, but I think having people I can talk to about my goals without boring the folks at home too much will be cool.

I'm a musician so I'd probably enjoy a Bard guild too. Oh, and an owl. Because they are both cute and wise, as I aspire to be :joyous:. Which would you choose?