Forums are back in action! ×

Help! Help! I'm a procrastinating insomniac!

So... I'm studying for the MCAT right now (kinda). I am a couple days behind schedule, and I just can't seem to get myself to stick to it! I get through about a page, and then I start doing other stuff. Honestly, I can't even tell you where most of my time is going.

My fellow nerds, please help me get on track. Why on earth am I having such a hard time concentrating and how do I overcome it? This is causing me a great deal of stress, and I am losing sleep because of the weird sleep cycle the procrastination/ADD has created. I've also lost much of my motivation to exercise because of this new, weird cycle and peptic ulcers that come from the stress.

PLEASE HELP ME!

"Down there we know, the streets we know, but up here? Nobody's been here." ~ David Belle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My suggestion - go and do some exercise (just 20-30 minutes) to get rid of some surplus energy.

Then sit down and study - get rid of all other distractions and only have the study material in view.

Hang in there -you will get it right. Don't panic about the sleep, it will get better.

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

I totally agree on the exercise part!

When I had to study for my final exams at the university, I was in a similar situation we called "anything-but-the-book" with my friends :) I was able to sit on my ass and study for about an hour and then I had to do something else for 10-20 minutes and then get back again to my papers. But do not think about studying when you're doing other stuff, take a real break!

Ok. Thanks, guys! I definitely have not been exercising as much lately, and it's driving me crazy. I'm used to walking every day to my classes, and now I'm just cooped up in my room until Ryan (my bf) comes to lift weights with me. >.< NOT HEALTHY!

"Down there we know, the streets we know, but up here? Nobody's been here." ~ David Belle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So... I'm studying for the MCAT right now (kinda). I am a couple days behind schedule, and I just can't seem to get myself to stick to it! I get through about a page, and then I start doing other stuff. Honestly, I can't even tell you where most of my time is going.

My fellow nerds, please help me get on track. Why on earth am I having such a hard time concentrating and how do I overcome it? This is causing me a great deal of stress, and I am losing sleep because of the weird sleep cycle the procrastination/ADD has created. I've also lost much of my motivation to exercise because of this new, weird cycle and peptic ulcers that come from the stress.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Go for a walk and stay off the internet. And turn off all glowing screens about an hour before bedtime.

Archived