Forums are back in action! ×

How to stay in shape with a torn acl

RyDizzle

Hey everyone,

I've been a follower of NF email updates for about a year now and finally have decided to get active on the forums, because I need help that only fellow NF folks can provide. I tore my acl on Saturday, and as a free weights lifter I really am lost when it comes to at home exercises. Especially now that I really can't use my lower body as part of the exercise. I have pushup handle bars that I am using to pushups and dips, and I have a pull up bar arriving via Amazon tomorrow to do chinups and pullups.

Are there any other at home workout essentials that I am missing?

What are some other exercises I can do at home without putting much weight on my lower body.

Thanks!

oh no!!!! I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been through a lot of ankle/knee surgery the past couple of years so I totally get where you are coming from.

Do you have to have surgery for it? If you do, your doc might give you restrictions about elevation, and even too much "tugging". For me, I wasn't really to do anything that pulled on the leg other than using my crutches only as necessary, so pullups would have been out. (But I had a different injury).

I kept dumbbells next to a chair and did overhead presses, curls, etc. Also, if you have bands/tubes you can do pulling exercises. I also did a lot of bicycle cruches when I could.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Archived