Forums are back in action! ×

Ready and Willing

I've recently made the decision to start living a healthier lifestyle. To say it wasn't about weight is a little ridiculous, but honestly I just don’t want to end up unhealthy when I got older. I do also realize that I'm only 22, I'll be 23 within the next couple of months, but really there's no time like the present to get started on this.

There's never been a point in my life where I've been the same size as other girls. Growing up I was always a little chubby. Not chubby enough for anyone to say anything about it mind you, just chubby enough that I never felt like I was the same size, which can really affect how you feel about yourself. My Momma always tried to comfort me by telling me that I was just solid, but it was hard to feel like that when you felt like you weren't the same. Add some pretty severe acne to that and my teen years were horrible. But I was never really fat back then, between all the things I was doing and actually having time to eat full meals I never really had to worry about it.

This whole thing is for me though, so I can feel comfortable in the skin I’m in. Which is such a tacky line I feel silly saying (or well typing) it but it’s true. I want to be happy when I look in the mirror and I want to know that I’m treating my body right. Officially, I think I’m around two hundred and thirty pounds. I weighed myself this weekend after being terrified to do so and was surprised because I honestly thought I might be around two fifty. When I tell people this weight their eyes always get big, because just like my Momma told me a long time ago I’m very solid. That and I carry my weight very well. It also helps that I’m almost 5’9. I’m still terrified to do measurements. I’ve been reading a lot of blogs lately and they all say that you should do measurements instead of weight to track your progress because weight is a tricky thing, but measuring myself might be that kick in the butt that just depresses me. I’ve got huge thighs that go along with very wide hips (and I’m not exaggerating, I once had a random lady tell me I had child birthing hips…). To date I’ve been working out at least every other day, but more so every day. I’ve designated Saturday to be my rest day from the gym no matter what. I've also been trying to change my diet, but I'm such a picky eater that it's more of a baby step process.

When I go to the gym I'm doing a bit of cardio and a bit of weight lifting, although I'm still using machines right now for weights. Well until I either make a friend who knows about them or I feel brave enough to try it on my own. And as of right now I don't have a weight goal. It's more of a "let's get healthy goal."

Now I read somewhere keeping a written record of these things helps, so that's where this comes in to play. As soon as I'm done typing this I think I'm going to sign up for the six week challenge and see how that goes for me. It'll help hold me accountable for things.

Welcome! The big hip thing is blessing and curse, I know(major pear here). I actually found measuring less traumatic than weighing (less societal baggage I think), but I didn't do either for the first few months. I just ate clean, moved, and went by how my pants fit, since it wasn't like I was going to lose weight anyhow. (joke was on me!)That might be the best way to go for now. What guild are you considering?

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

That's the plan as of right now, especially since it's less about vanity and more about health. Although I'm not going to say no to a smaller pant size, haha.

I'm really torn between the guilds, because I want to have endurance but I happen to enjoy weight lifting. I was really considering going Ranger but I dunno how I feel about Crossfit and going straight Paleo. I might go Scout or Adventurer until I'm more sure.

I'm a ranger, am scared of crossfit (do strength and cardio tho), and only eat semi-paleo (I have limited dairy and legumes, and exactly 2 sugar packets in my morning coffee).

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

Archived