Forums are back in action! ×

Just ran a 5K!

Hello FitNerds!

Tonight I went on my first run in pursuit of a sub-30 minute 5K. Aside from short runs / interval training after Rebel Fitness Guide workouts I hadn't done any significant running in a long time, so I had no idea what to expect. But I kept a strong, consistent pace on the treadmill and covered the entire distance in just over 28 minutes!!

I'm beyond psyched - I had no idea my body was capable of anything this awesome. Now my brain is overflowing with ideas of how to take my running to the next level.

Thanks to you all for putting (and keeping) me on the great fitness track that I'm on!

Piercewise

Human Adventurer, Level 1

Current Quest: Adventure Time

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 DEX: 1 STA: 3 CON: 3 WIS: 4 CHA: 2

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness; may those who defy their fate be granted glory.

Congratulations

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Gratz, what are you thinking for taking your running to the next level?

Either more endurance running (like working up to a 10K) or higher intensity running (running a faster mile). Or both :)

Piercewise

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness; may those who defy their fate be granted glory.

Awesome woot!

Hobbit Ranger
Current Challenge thread

Dúnedain Team Thread

Check out my Musings on Fandom, Life, and the connections between the two at Fandom Lenses
LEVEL: 2 | STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 9 (+5 from Year of Our WTF) | CHA 5 (+3 from Year of Our WTF)
Tu, was du willst (Do What You Wish)
The Neverending Story, Michael Ende

My 2013 Challenge #1 is dedicated to Melissa Montag, 1975-2012. I Love you AnissaSis! :-)

excellent work! congrats!!

tumblr_l95v3tWYnq1qc46e7o1_1280.jpg

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Thanks all!

JanObe, I can't really think of anything I would change. I thought it would take a lot more practice on the treadmill to run a 5K at that pace, but I underestimated the impact of everything else I'd been doing (the weight loss and stronger legs). Turns out improving your overall fitness level sets you up for success, regardless of what you're aiming for!

Piercewise

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived