Forums are back in action! ×

Lvl. 1 all over again

Hey there folks!

First of all I am pretty excited by this community! I like what I see so far, I see good things on the horizon! So my story basically starts when I was 14. Tall and skinny, I wanted to look good in hopes of turning some heads from the ladies, sso I walked into my first gym. It was a little akward at first, but I quickly found things to do and got advice from the people around me. By 15 I began training in martial arts, which kept me strong and fit in combination with taking weightlifting/conditioning classes all throughout high school. When I hit 18(I was a freshman by then) I was lifting two hours a day and swimming three and had packed on about 60 lbs. of muscle. It was great! I was fit and I was built like a tank!

This all lasted until real life hit. Once I had a real job and real responsibilities I didn't have time to work out constantly, which resulted in my body getting in worse and worse shape every year. Fast forward to 32, I had gotten myself all the way up to 290 lbs. and was more or less miserable. When a sudden ugly divorce caused me to lose 20 lbs. in stress weight something snapped in me and I decided to go for it. I cleaned up my diet, dropped soda completely, no fast food, no bread or pasta and I hit 240 lbs. within a few months. Next step I start running, working my way up a bit at a time. I'm 215 lbs. about 6 or 7 months later when I meet my girlfriend, who introduces me to Crossfit. I gain about 10 lbs. back, which is great because it's all muscle and I look better filled out than twiggy anyway.

So here I am about a year later. I ruptured my achilles tendon back in december doing some sprinting drills(not crossfit) and have been stalled ever since. I still hit the box several times a week but i'm stuck doing basic upper body work and very minor lower body work. I'm totally frustrated, but healing quickly, so i'm attempting to be patient. Sorry for the rambling, I personally think my story is pretty cool and love sharing it. Hope you enjoyed reading!

-Rory

Ouch! Achilles injuries are the worst. Hopefully you're nearing the end of your healing process and can get back into it. Sounds like you've done most of the hard work already though! Looking forward to seeing how you go. Don't forget it's not too late to join in on the current 6-week challenge if you're interested. All you need to do is select a guild, assign your attributes, and start knocking off your goals!

Great to have you aboard, welcome to the Rebeillion!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Archived