Forums are back in action! ×

Not Currently Fit.

Hey! Baby weight is a killer to shift, because you are also trying to handle taking care of a baby at the same time.

Also, when did you give up breastfeeding? I found that I had a lot of trouble shifting weight for the month or two after I'd finished. You've done so well to loose 20 pounds already. Keep up the great work!

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

Warrior Amy: I only breastfed for three months. When I had to go back to work it was impossible to make time to pump on any working schedule, so I had to very grudgingly give up for my sanity. I was very disappointed, but I was working 65 hours a week and spending all day in court, so I just couldn't find the time to pump. Thankfully I am just a stay at home mom for the time being (working on starting my own firm), so I really have the time to focus on my goals. Thanks for the encouragement!

Working and breast-feeding is really difficult. I was lucky enough to have my son in a childcare building attached to my workplace, and even then I only got to about seven months before I had to (choose to?) stop. More than the time to actually feed, it was the increased energy levels and just plain 'attachment' to the baby. I sometimes still feel like it was a selfish decision to stop- gosh, the mother guilt on this topic is huge, isn't it? From myself, I mean, not from other people on me.

How are you finding the transition to stay at home mum?

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

First off, welcome!

As a mom to a toddler myself (single mom to a three year-old, here), I know how hard it can be to not only find time to work out, but to find the energy. For the first couple years, I would tell myself that I was going to go fit a workout in as soon as my daughter went to bed, and once she finally did, I'd be too mentally drained to do anything but crash on the couch, watch tv and breathe. Now that she's a little older, I can fit in short workouts, because she likes to pretend like she's doing them too. Unfortunately, I had given it up for so long that I'n basically starting over. If you're just looking for something short to do, but that gets you up and moving and building muscle, check out Steve's Beginner Body Weight Circuit. I did two circuits of it yesterday and I'm actually fairly sore today. You can also check out Fitocracy. They have a pretty good database of bodyweight exercises and explainations of how to do them. It helps out when you can't make it to a gym.

As for the sweet tooth, welcome to the club. If you can't give sweets up cold turkey, I'd suggest either trying to kick them for 21 days ("It takes 21 days to make a habit") or finding something sweet, but healthy. My weapon of choice is Chocolate Metromint Water, which is water with a hint of chocolate-mint essence added in. It leaves a chocolatey aftertaste, so it fools me into thinking that I ate a candy bar, or Emerald Nuts Cocoa Roast Almonds. Those are just almonds dusted in dark chocolate. They sell them in 100 calorie snack packs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | CHA: 3 | WIS: 4

Fitocracy | ePaleoCookbooks.net | Blog | Twitter

Archived